Vijayalakshmi (born on 1 July 1983 ) is an Indian actress who primarily appeared in Kannada films. She also has done a couple of Tamil and Malayalam films. She has won the Filmfare Award for Best Actress (Kannada) for her role as Rani in the film Nagamandala. Vijayalakshmi was born in Bengaluru, India.
Vijayalakshmi has acted in over 40 films all throughout her career of which 25 of them were in Kannada. She was well known for her beauty and personality.
Vijayalakshmi Actress, Age, Biography, Movies
|Height||170cm or 1.70m or 5’7”|
|Weight||55kg or 121lbs|
|Eye colour||Hazel Brown|
|Date of birth||Unknown|
Early life and background
Vijayalakshmi was born in Bengaluru, India. She pursued her studies in Karnataka and Bangalore but later moved out to Chennai where she resided before moving back. In 2006, it was reported that she attempted suicide by over dozing with sleeping pills.
She later filed an FIR against a directed for harassing the actor and wanting to marry her. The decision came at the end of a tough year. That same year her father had also died. The actor had a hard time but she survived and was recovered.
In November 2006 she announced her engagement with actor Srujan Lokesh after three years of dating. The wedding was planned for March 2007 but unfortunately, the wedding was called off. Many say that the suicide report that came was fake and qaa staged by the actor herself in a desperate attempt for publicity. She is a talented and beautiful actress but many avoid working with her due to her rash and bad behaviour.
- Actor – Kamal Haasan and Rana Daggubati
- Actress – Kajol and Sridevi
- Destination – Kerala and Goa
- Director – Mani Ratnam
- Colour – White and blue
- Cuisine – Chinese.
Vijayalakshmi has acted in over 40 films all throughout her career of which 25 of them were in Kannada. She was well known for her beauty and personality. She debuted in with the director T.S Nagabharana in his film Nagamandala. Her debut film was a folk tale opposite Prakash Raj. She has acted in the Tamil films Friends along with Vijay and Surya, and the Film Soori.
The film Friends was a big hit. She came back to the Tamil industry with the comedy film Boss Engira Bhaskaran. It became the biggest success of 2010. She got prominence in Telegu industry with the film Hanuman Junction. She has acted in the Malayalam film Devadoothan with Mohanlal.
The star has acted in several Tamil television serials. She was also the host of the Bangarada Bete game show which was produced by Radaan Mediaworks.
- She was in the famous movie Suryavamsha(1999), Habba(1999) and Nagamandala(1997).
- The star was born in Bengaluru, India.
- She acts as Devi in the serial Nandini.
- The actor tried to commit suicide in 2006 after being harassed by an assistant director who wanted to marry her.
- She was engaged to Srujan Lokesh for three years.
- The star is born in a Lingayat family.
- She has done serials like Muthaaram and Savitri.
- She has later done Kannada films like Jodi Hakki in 1997, Arunodaya in 1999 and Kanakambari in 2005.
- The star has acted in about 40 films of which 25 are Kannada films.