Vijayalakshmi Yeedi (born on 5th June 1976) is the real name of famous Indian actress Rambha. Rambha has acted in Malayalam, Kannada, Tamil, Telegu, Hindi, Bhojpuri and Bengali language movies. She has appeared alongside most of India’s famous leading actors and legends.
Rambha Actress, Age, Biography, Career, Family
|Nickname||Rambha, Laksha, Thodai Azhagi and Amrutha|
|Height||170cm or 1.70m or 5’7”|
|Weight||65kg or 143lbs|
|Debut||Aa Okkati Adakku (Telegu, 1992)|
|Date of birth||5th June 1976 (43years as of 2020)|
|Birthplace||Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh|
|Hometown||Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh|
|Schools||Atkinsons Senior Secondary High School in Vijayawada|
|Hobby||Cooking and gardening|
|Husband||Indrakumar Pathmanathan (Businessman)|
|Marriage date||8th April 2010|
|Father||Venkateshwara Rao Yeedi|
|Daughter||Laanya (b.2011) and Sasha (b. 2015)|
|Son||Name not known (b. 2018)|
Early life and background
Rambha was born in Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh to a Telegu family. She was born to parents Venkateshwara Rao Yeedi and Usha Rani. She did her schooling from Atkinsons Senior Secondary School in Vijayawada.
During her school’s annual function when she was at seventh standard she acted as Amman. The function was attended by director Hariharan who later introduced her as the leading actress in the Malayalam film – Sargam. She first was referred to as Amrutha but later changed her screen name to Rambha after she played the role in her Telegu debut – Aa Okkati Adakku.
Rambha is married to Indrakumar Pathmanathan who is a Canada based businessman. They married on 8th April 2010 at Karnataka Kalyana Mandapam in Tirumala. They organized a wedding reception on 11th April 2010 at Rani Meyyaiamma Hall, Chennai. They celebrated their honeymoon in Fiji and New Zealand.
The couple settled in Toronto in North York. They have two daughters together. However, their marriage did not last happily for long and they got separated for some time. In 2016, Rambha moved to court for custody of her children.
- Actor – Chiranjeevi and Ram Charan
- Actress – Sridevi and Sarathkumar
- Director – Hariharan
- Colour – Orange and yellow
- Cuisine – Chinese
Rambha ended her education at the age of 15 and moved ahead with director Hariharan to start her acting career. She did the Malayalam film Sargam in 1992 opposite Vineeth. The film did well and she was spotted subsequently and given offers in huge numbers of movies.
She made her Telegu debut with director E.V.V. Satyanarayana and she did the film Aa Okkati Adakku opposite Rajendra Prasad. Rambha kept on picking glamorous roles to receive film offers. She also acted with Chiranjeevi in Hitler in 1997.
The actor started her career as a producer with her brother in Three Roses in 2003 but the film failed at the box office and she fell into debt. She sold her house at Mount Road in order to pay the debt.
But she soon recovered her finances. She has done several language films but maintained the ratio of Malayalam films she did. Her last Malayalam film was Paayum Pulli in 2007. After her marriage, she gave up acting in movies and judges reality TV shows.
The star us a brand ambassador for Kolors health care, Chennai. She is also the brand ambassador for her husband’s firm in Toronto.
Some last Telegu films
- Donga Sachinollu in 2008
- Neeku Naaku, Desamuduru and Yamadonga in 2007
- Alex in 2005
- Sriramachandulu and Naaga in 2003
- Mrugaraju in 2001
Some last Tamil films
- Pen Singam in 2010
- Oru Kadhalan Oru Kadhali and Vidiyum Varai Kaathiru in 2009
- Sukran in 2005
- Azhagita Theeye in 2004
- Military, Three Roses, Banda Paramsasivam and Chatrapathy in 2002
Some last Hindi films
- Dukaan: Pila House in 2004
- Pyaar Diwaana hota hai in 2002
- Kyo ki… Main Jhuth Nahin Bolta and Jaani Dushman: Ek Anokhi Kahani in 2001
- Beti No 1 and Dil Hi Dil Mein in 2000
- Main Tere Pyaar Mein Pagal and Krodh in 1999.
Some last Kannada films
- Anatharu in 2007
- Gandugali and Kumara Rama in 2006
- Pandu Ranga Vittala in 2005
- Sahukara in 2004
- Baba Baamaida in 2001
Some last Malayalam films
- Film star in 2011
- Kabadi Kabadi in 2008
- Paytm Puli in 2007
- Kochi Rajavu in 2005
- Mayilattam in 2004
- Purav Aur Paschim, Banke Bihari M.L.A and Tere Me Mara in 2006.
- Dada and Chita in 2005
- Refugee in 2006
- Quick Gun Murugan in 2009
- Manada Mayilada(as Judge in Kalaignar TV) 2009-12
- The Ultimate Dance Show(as Judge in ETV Telegu) in 2011
- Back to School (as a participant in ETV Telegu), Soundarya Lahari (as Guest in E-TV) and Jodi No 1 (as Judge in Star Vijay) in 2014
- ABCD Anybody Can Dance (as Judge in Zee Telegu) and King of Comedy Juniors (as Judge in Star Vijay) in 2017
- Vijayalakshmi Yeedi did her Telegu debut with the role of Rambha in the movie Aa Okkati Adakku.
- The star has acted in all the seven regional language movies.
- Her husband is the chief executive officer and chairman of Magicwoods Kitchen cabinets and bathroom vanities manufacturing firm.
- She was been a judge in several reality TV shows like Manada Mayilada season 2-3-5-7, Dhee Ultimate Dance Show season 4, Jodi Number 1 season 8, Anybody Can Dance and King of Comedy Juniors.