Tamannaah Bhatia was born on 21 December 1989. She is professionally known as Tamannaah. She is an Indian actress who mainly works in the Tamil and Telegu film industry; she has also done a number of Hindi movies over the years. She started her career at the age of only 13. The star is a prominent endorser for several brands and products. She also stars in a number of stage performances.
Tamannaah Actress, Age, Biography, Movies
|Nickname||Tammy and Milk Beauty|
|Profession||Actress, Model and Dancer|
|Height||165cm or 1.65m or 5’5”|
|Weight||55kg or 121lbs|
|Debut||Chand SA Roshan Chehra (2005)|
|Date of birth||21 December 1989 (30 years as of 2020)|
|Birthplace||Mumbai Maharashtra, India|
|Schools||Maneckji Cooper Education Trust School, Mumbai|
|College/University||National College, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Arts (distance education)|
|Hobby||Dancing, reading and creative writing|
|Affairs||Virat Kohli and a USA based physician|
|Father||Santosh Bhatia (Diamond merchant)|
|Mother||Rajani Bhatia (homemaker)|
|Net worth||Rs.1- 1.75 crore per film|
Early life and background
Tamanna was born in Bombay to a diamond merchant Santosh Bhatia and homemaker Rajani Bhatia. The actor has an elder brother Anand. The star is from Sindhi Hindu descent. She did her school from Maneckji Cooper Education Trust School, Mumbai and got her BA in arts through distance education.
She changed her name Tamanna to Tamannaah for numerological reasons. She started working from the age of 13 when she was spotted by a director in her annual function and given the lead role in a film; she also appeared in Apka Abhijeet album song Lafzo Mein in 2005.
- Food – Biryani
- Actor – Mahesh Babu and Hrithik Roshan
- Actress – Madhuri Dixit
- Bollywood films – Mughal E Azam, Dil Toh Pagal hai and Dil Wale Dulhania Le Jayenge.
- Hollywood films – Titanic, Life is Beautiful and Erin Brockovich
- Tollywood film – Anand (Telegu)
- Destination – Paris, Dubai and Kashmir
Tamanna did her career debut at the age of 13 with the film, Chand SA Roshan Chehra and appeared in Abhijeet Sawant’s music video in 2005. In the same year, she did her Telegu cinema debut in Sri and appeared in the Tamil movie Kedi, the next year. In 2007 she did two college-based films – Happy Days and Kalloori in Tamil.
She has done a number of successful Tamil films like Ayan 2009, Paiyaa 2010, Siruthai 2011, Veeram 2014, Sharma Durai 2016, Devi 2016 and Sketch 2018.
Her Telegu hits include 100% Love 2011, Racha 2012, Thadaka 2013, and Baahubali:The: The Beginning 2015, Bengal Tiger 2015, Oopiri 2016, Baahubali: The Conclusion 2 2017, F2 Fun and Frustration 2019 and Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy 2019. The actress is the leading in her contemporary field and one of the highest-paid actresses in India. She has done approximately 65 films.
She was nominated as the Best Supporting Actress at Saturn Awards, becoming the first Indian actress to be nominated. She had received the Dayawati Modi Award in 2017. She also received the honorary doctorate from CIAC, in association with KEISEI International University, South Korea for her contributions to Indian cinema.
The actress also has experience working as a model and appears in several commercials. She endorses popular brands such as Celkon Mobiles, Fanta and Chandrika Ayurvedic Soap. She is also the brand ambassador for Salem based jewellery shop AVR and Khazana Jewellery shop. In 2014, she also did a PETA advertisement. On 31 March 2015, the star launched a retail jewellery business named wite n Gold. She is also the creative head of her jewellery brand. She is also the brand ambassador of GOI’s Beti Bachao Beti Parhao Campaign. It is an initiative of FOGSI.
- Tamanna belongs to a Punjabi family of Sindhi descent.
- She started her career at the age of 13 when she was offered a lead role by a director of a film during her school annual function.
- Initially, Tamanna started her film career by a Hindi movie Chand SA Roshan Chehra and when the movie became a flop she moved to the South Indian industry.
- She was the part of the Prithvi Theatre for one year.
- Tamanna is first an actress and then a model.
- Madhuri Dixit is said to be her role model.
- The actor has been featured in a PETA advertisement, encourage people to wear makeup that hasn’t been tested on animals in 2014.
- Tamanna was linked to the Pakistani cricketer Abdul Razzaq as well as Indian cricketer Virat Kohli.
- She is the brand ambassador of GOI’s Beti Bachao Beti Parhao program.
- In 2018, the actor charged 50 lakhs for a 10-minute opening number in the IPL.