Shriya Saran Bhatnagar (born on 11 September 1982), is an Indian actress and model who is known for her roles in the South Indian movies, Bollywood movies and American cinema. The actor was born in Dehradun and spent her childhood in Haridwar.
Her dance teacher made her appearance in a music video Thirakti Kun Hawa that brought her in the notice by several filmmakers and was subsequently offered a lead role. Although Shriya aspired to become a dancer, she gave in to her movie career. She made her debut in 2001, in Telegu film Ishtam, and her first success with the film Santosham (2002).
Table of Contents
Shriya Saran Actress, Age, Biography, Movies, Career
|Name||Shriya Saran Bhatnagar|
|Height||168cm or 1.68m or 5’8”|
|Weight||54kgs or 119lbs|
|Date of birth||11 September 1982 (37 years as of 2020)|
|Schools||Delhi Public School in Ranipur, Uttarakhand and Delhi Public School in Mathura Road, Delhi|
College/University – Lady Shri Ram College, New Delhi
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Arts in Literature|
|Hobby||Dancing, travelling and reading|
|Father||Pushpinder Saran (a retired civil engineer from BHEL, New Delhi)|
|Mother||Neerja Saran (retired chemistry teacher)|
|Brother||Abhiroop Saran (works at FCB Ulka Advertising Ltd, Mumbai)|
|Spouse||Andrei Koscheev (Tennis player and businessman)|
|Marriage place||Lake Palace Hotel in Udaipur, Rajasthan|
|Marriage date||19 March 2018|
|Salary||Rs. 1 crore per film|
Early life and background
Saran is the daughter of Pushpen and Neerja Saran. Her father and mother are both retired and were civil engineer and chemistry teacher, respectively. She did her schooling from both the schools where her mother taught. She has an elder brother who lives in Mumbai. Growing up, Saran lived in a small town f BHEL colony in Haridwar.
She got her Bachelor of Arts in Literature from Lady Shri Ram College in Delhi. She is a trained Rajasthani folk and Kathak dancer and during her school days did a number of shows, incorporating social issues in the dance performance.
The actor has always been reluctant to talk when it is about her romantic involvements. On 12 March she married her Russian boyfriend Andrei Koscheev at her Lokhandwala residence. She also well known for her charity events and also has opened a spa with the visually challenged.
- Telegu: Ishtam (2001)
- Bollywood: Tujhe Meri Kasam (2003)
- Tamil: Enakku 20 Unakku 18 (2003)
- Kannada: Arasu (2007)
- Hollywood: The Other End Of the Line (2008)
- Malayalam: Pokkiri Raja (2010)
- Writer – William Dalrymple
- Colours – Black and Red
- Cuisines – South Indian and Bengali
- Book – Gone with the wind by Margaret Mitchell
- Actor- Shahrukh Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, Rajnikanth and Nagarjuna
Shriya Saran made her debut in 2001 with the film Ishtam and had her first commercial success with Santosham (2002). The actor was seen in a number of Telegu films while making a balance in the Hindi and Tamil industry. She was praised for her performance in the 2007 film Awarapan. She also played the lead role in the English film-“the other end of the line”.
It was an American-Indian co-production. She has done a number of famous films such as –
Kanthaswamy (2009), Pokkiri Raja (2010), Midnight’s Children (2012), Pavitra (2013), Chandrai (2013) and the critically acclaimed Manam (2014). In mid-January of 2016, she made an appearance in Nagarjuna’s Oopiri while also signed for the movie Tadka opposite Nana Patekar. She was selected as the female lead in Balakrishna’s 100th film Gautamiputra Satakarni in May 2016.
In addition to her role in the industry, the actor has been the brand ambassador for brands across India, endorsing beauty and health products. She is a philanthropist and has volunteered for charitable organizations. In 2011, she opened a spa which is run by visually challenged people. She was also the brand ambassador for Celebrity Cricket League for its two seasons.
- American Actor Jesse Metcalfe (rumoured, 2008),
- Actor Siddharth (rumoured, 2012),
- Cricketer Dwayne Bravo (rumoured, 2016),
- Actor Rana Daggubati (rumoured, 2016),
- Businessman and Tennis player, Andrei Koscheev.
- Shriya hails from a north Indian family.
- Shriya initially did her Rajasthani and kathak folk training from her mother at a very young age.
- She is trained in Kathak under Shova Narayan in Delhi.
- The actor used to Dance in Shova’s dancing troupe across India.
- In 2003, Saran and R. Madhavan hosted the 50th Filmfare South awards.
- She got immense popularity with the film Sivaji the Boss (2007), in which she appeared opposite of Rajnikanth.
- From 2011 to 2015 she was listed as India’s 50 Most Desirable Women.
- Shriya loves scuba diving and is trained in it.
- She loves her pet dog and spending time with it.