Seema Azmi (born 8th January) was born in Guwahati, Assam, India. She is a well-known Indian television and film actress. She rose to fame for the Hindi feature film “Chak De! India”. She is a hardworking actress. Apart from being an actress, she has also directed various short films. She has her own theatre group. Despite belonging to a conservative family, she made sure to pursue her dream of becoming an actress.
Seema Azmi Biography
|Height||5’3″ or 1.60m or 160cm|
|Weight||60kg or 132lbs|
|Date of Birth||8 January|
|Birthplace||Guwahati, Assam, India|
|Hometown||Azamgarh, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|College/University||University of Delhi, New Delhi; National School of Drama (NSD), New Delhi|
|Father||Name not known|
|Mother||Name not known|
|Brother||Name not known|
|Sister||Name not known|
|Eye color||Dark brown|
|Marital status||Not known|
Early life and Background
Seema Azmi was born on 8th January, but the year of her birth is still unknown. She was born in Guwahati, Assam, India. She belongs to a Hindu family and her hometown is in a city called Azamgarh which is in Uttar Pradesh, India. She was brought up in Delhi and did her schooling from the capital. She graduated from University of Delhi and later joined Delhi National School of Drama & finished her training in the year 2001.In the same year, due to her talent, she got recognized and selected for the NSD Repertory Company as an actor. Her family supported her throughout her journey, she is an avid learner and a hardworking human.
Seema Azmi is a beautiful actress; hence her fans and followers always want to know about her personal life. She is active on social media, but she has never shared anything related to her romantic life. She seems to be more focused on her acting career and wants to be recognized worldwide.
She has done a great job in keeping her love life a secret from her audiences or maybe she is not interested in a romantic life for now. However, she’s going to reveal everything to her followers on social media once she starts dating or once she is comfortable.
|Actor||Jack Nicholson, Naseeruddin Shah|
|Actress||Julia Roberts, Smita Patil|
|Food||Pizza, Chole Bhature|
Seema Azmi joined Asmita theatre group which is in Delhi in 1996. Her plays comprise of Girish Karnad’s Rakt Kalyan (Taledanda), Mahesh Dattani’s Final Solutions, Ek Mamooli Aadmi, Swadesh Deepak’s Court Martial, and Dario Fo’s Accidental Death of an Anarchist. She joined Delhi National School of Drama and finished her training in the year 2001.
In the same year, she got selected for the NSD Repertory Company as an actor and got recognition from them as soon as she started working. For now, she is active in Bollywood as well as in Theatre. She writes as well directs for the theater. She has acted in few well-acclaimed movies like Chak De! India, Water, Saas Bahu and Sensex, Aarakshan etc. Apart from acting, she has also directed various plays like ‘Gadhe ki Barat’, ‘Dear Diary’, ‘The Silent Front’, etc.
- Water in 2005 as Bahu Rani
- Chak De! India in 2007 as Rani Dispotta
- Saas Bahu Aur Sensex in 2008 as Lata K. Kodialbal
- The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel in 2011 as Anokhi
- Aarakshan in 2011 as Shambhu Yadav’s wife
- Sound of Silence: The Collision of Storms Within in 2014 as The Girl
- Chitrafit 3.0 Megapixel in 2015 as Shavla
- The Second-Best Exotic Marigold Hotel in 2015 as Anokhi
- Mohalla Assi in 2018 as Ramdayi
- Bumper Draw in 2015 as Komal Bai
- Six X in 2016
- Doliyaan in 2017 as Bua
- Fear in 2014 as The Woman
- Monsoon Football in 2019 as Homemaker
- Upanishad Ganga in 2012-13 as Sutradhar
- Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon 3 in 2017 as Kajal
- Yehh Jaadu Hai Jinn Ka in 2019 as Baby Khan
Lesser known facts
- Seema Azmi runs her own theatre group named ‘Shila Shringar.’
- She knows and has worked in different languages like English, Hindi, Marathi etc
- She has worked with a number of famous personalities like John Russell Brown, Peter James, Mohan Maharishi, Bhanu Bharti, Rajendra Nath etc.
- Seema performed in the Mahesh Dattani’s popular play ‘SARA’, a solo performance.
- She has 15.4k followers on Instagram
- Her favourite movie is Rand De Basanti.