Ashutosh Rana Ramnarayan Neekhra (born on 10th November 1962), is known as Ashutosh Rana. He is an Indian actor and works in Hindi, Marathi, Tamil, Telegu and Kannada films. He has also done a number of Television shows and has won two Filmfare awards for his negative role. He is one of India’s beloved villains.
Table of Contents
Ashutosh Rana Actor, Age, Biography, Movies, Family
|Ashutosh Rana Ramnarayan Neekhra
|Actor, Television presenter
|173cm or 1.73m or 5’8”
|75kg or 165lbs
|Chest: 42, Waist: 33, Biceps:12
|Film: Sanshodhan(1996), TV: Swabhimaan(1995)
|Date of birth
|10th November 1967 (51 years as of 2020)
|Gadarwara, Madhya Pradesh, India
|Gadarwara, Madhya Pradesh, India
|Unknown school in Gadarwara
|Dr Hari Gour University, Sagar, Madhya Pradesh
|Travelling and reading books
|Renuka Shahane (Actress)
|25th May 2001
|Shouryaman Rana and Satyendra Rana
|Nane not known
|Mitsubishi Pajero, BMW
|Rs 40 Crore ($6 Million )
Early life and background
Ashutosh was born in Gadarwara district of Narsinghpur in Madhya Pradesh state. He was brought up there as well and finished his primary schooling there itself. He used to annually play as Raavan in the local Ramleela productions in his town.
He further went for National School of Drama in New Delhi to study acting. He has also done a number of acts in Bombay’s Prithvi Theatre under Guru Satyadev Dubey. He has his Hindu Guruji whom he also calls as Daddaji.
It was his Guruji who advised him to take up acting and go to Bombay and Meet Mahesh Bhatt. He says that he asked him to take up a movie starting with the letter S. He subsequently took part in the project Swabhimaan which was offered by Mahesh Bhatt.
Ashutosh Rana is married to Bollywood actress Renuka Sahane and the couple have to sons together – Satyendra and Shauryaman.
- Actor – Amitabh Bachchan
- Actress – Deepika Padukone
- Cuisine – South Indian
- Sport – Cricket
- Colour – Blue and white
Before entering into film industry Rana was a known face in Indian serials. His debut was with the television serial Swabhimaan. He did a number of serials after that – Farz, Sazish, Jax, Kabhi and Waris. He anchored the Television show Baazi Kiski and also hosted a reality show called Sarkaar Ki Duniya which took place in Mango Island in Karwar, Karnataka. In 2010, he acted in the Star Plus Serial Kaali- Ek Agnipariksha. He played the negative role of Thakral. He also was the lead in Doordarshan serial Apradhi Koun.
He became a famous personality in the Indian cinema with the film Dushman where he was a cold-blooded psychopath. He has also acted in supporting roles but majorly as the negative actor. He also has acted in South Indian films. He is commonly seen in Mahesh Bhatt films. He was Alia’s father in the Movie Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania, a Karan Johar film.
He has acted in a number of Kannada films and has shared the screen with South Indian Superstar Dr Vishnuvardhan. He has also acted in the Kannada film Vishnu Vijaya alongside Akshay Kumar. He has acted with Vishuvardhan in the 2005 super hit film Vishnu Sena and the 2007 film Kshana Kshana alongside Aditya and Prema.
- Ashutosh used to play the role of Raavan in the local Ramleela productions held at his city annually.
- The actor has done several plays at the Prithvi Theater with theatre guru Satyadev Dubey.
- He started his career in 1995 with the TV serial “Swabhimaan” as Tyagi.
- The star has hosted TV shows like Baazi Kiski, Sarkaar Ki Duniya etc.
- He came into the industry on the advice of his Guruji whom he also calls Dadda Ji.
- Ashutosh wants to open an academy which will train people in self-improvement and wants to constitute the academy with people coming from all economic statuses.
- He has starred in the Star Plus show- Kaali-Ek Agnipariksha as Thakral.
- The actor played the role of Alia Bhatt’s father in Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania, a Karan Johar production.