Vijay Shankar is a cricketer by profession who plays for team India. He got recognized in his cricket career through IPL ( Indian Premier League) which is organized every year. Vijay Shankar is the son of H.Shankar and Rama Shankar. His father H.Shankar is a former cricketer at State Level.
Table of Contents
Vijay Shankar Cricketer Biography, Age, Career
|Date of Birth||21st January 1991|
|Age||28 years ( as of 2019)|
|Place of Birth||Tirunelveli city in Tamil Nadu|
|Home town||Madipakkam, Chennai|
|Siblings||Ajay Shankar (Cricketer) (Elder brother)|
|Hobbies||Listening to music, Watching Football matches, Playing Tennis|
|Height||5’9” / 1.79m|
|Eye colour||Dark Brown|
|Favourite shot||Pull shot|
|Coach||S Balaji, WV Raman|
|Teams he played for||Tamil Nadu, India A, India, Chennai Super Kings and Sunrisers Hyderabad|
|Role in the team||All-rounder (Right-hand batsman and a right-arm bowler)|
|Salary||5 lakhs per match (approx)|
Vijay Shankar was born in Tamil Nadu on 21st January 1991. He went to Modern Senior Secondary School in Naganallur and completed his schooling from there. He attended Guru Nanak College in Chennai where he pursued his further studies (graduation) located at Velachery in Chennai.
His father H. Shankar was a member of the Chennai Cricket Club, and at the age of 10, Vijay saw his father playing at the cricket ground. Vijay has grown up seeing and getting inspired by his father’s profession. He always admired his father’s profession as a cricketer, and he grew up practicing in nets since he lived in a two-story house in the Madipakkan area in Chennai, so he usually played on his terrace.
He used a synthetic turf artificial pitch, wide nets, a ball machine, and other cricket equipment. From the very beginning, Vijay was under the coaching of his father H.Shankar and started practicing under his father’s guidance. After practicing in nets, he eventually started playing for the state level as well.
Vijay Shankar Debut
His Debut as a cricketer wasn’t a blunder, but still, it wasn’t great enough to fetch him fame and name. But his second match with Sri Lanka did the needful. He took two crucial wickets and also scored 32 runs and eventually he became the man of the match which was his first win as a man of the match. This is how his journey in cricket began. He has been active in his profession since 2012 and is currently playing for the National Team of India.
|Favorite Athlete||MS Dhoni|
|Favorite Cricketer||VVS Laxman, Sachin Tendulkar and Virat Kohli|
|Favorite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
Amazing Facts about Vijay Shankar
- Vijay Shankar started playing cricket from a very young age
- He grew watching his father playing cricket where his father and his elder brother Ajay Shankar helped him to nourish and polish his cricket skills.
- Initially, Vijay started as an off-spinner, but since he wanted to get in the Tamil Nadu cricket team which had many spinners in it, he switched to medium-pace bowling to become a part of Tamil Nadu Cricket team.
- He played his first debut match for the Tamil Nadu cricket team against Andhra at Banglore in 2012.
- At the age of 15, Vijay switched from an off-spinner to a medium pace bowler
- In 2014 years made his debut in IPL and played for the team Chennai Super Kings under MS Dhoni’s captaincy.
- Vijay plays 500 bowls every day from the time he has been picked up for the Indian National team.
- In 2019 he was picked up for the ICC cricket world cup team which was his dream to play that tournament.
Vijay does not have any relationship as of now, and he is very actively indulged in cricket. His primary focus is on cricket since he is very passionate about it and is going through his peak years with increasing recognition through IPL and ICC World Cup’s performance.