Shivani Raghuvanshi ( born on 19th June 1991) is an Indian actress who got her first breakthrough with a Vodafone ad. She is best known for her role as Jaspreet in the Indian TV series Made in Heaven. Her debut film was Titli by Yash Raj Films Production which was critically acclaimed. She has been awarded the Most Promising Newcomer Female by 22nd Screen Awards.
Shivani Raghuvanshi Actress, Age, Biography
|Height||165cm or 1.65m or 5’5”|
|Weight||55kg or 121lbs|
|Debut||Titli in 2014 (Film)|
|Date of Birth||19th June 1991 (28 years as of 2020)|
|College/University||Delhi University (Khalsa College, North Campus, Delhi)|
|Educational Qualifications||Graduation in Botany Honours|
|Father||Name not known|
|Mother||Name not known|
|Sister||Name not known|
|Hobbies||Reading books and cooking|
Early life and Background
Shivani Raghuvanshi was born into a middle-class family in Delhi, India. She wanted to become a doctor as a child but when she went with her parents to watch Devdas (2002) while she was in 9th she developed a curiosity for the industry and film planning and decided to be an actor.
But then her mother convinced her to complete her graduation first. She did her graduation in Botany Honours from Khalsa College, North Campus in Delhi. She was also a part of the Ankur Theatre society.
Shivani Raghuvanshi belongs to a Hindu family and has a younger sister and brother Shubham Raghuvanshi. Much is not known about her family. One day during her second year of college while returning home in the metro she met a casting Coordinator who took her number and called her after a week to audition for a TV commercial.
|Actor||Shahrukh Khan and Varun Dhawan|
|Fashion designer||Sabyasachi Mukherjee|
|Book||The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks|
|Film||Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge|
Shivani Raghuvanshi did her graduation in Botany honours from Khalsa College, North Campus, Delhi. One day during her second year in college she met a casting Coordinator in the metro who took her number and called her after a week to audition for a TV commercial.
She made her acting debut with a TV commercial of Vodafone which made her have her first breakthrough. During the shooting, she got noticed by some casting directors and was called for an audition for the film Titli.
She cleared the audition and featured as the poor girl Neelu in the film. After that she got the role of Preeti in Angrezi Mein Kehete Hain, initially, she didn’t accept the offer due to the kissing scene in it but her mother later managed to convince her to do the film. In 2019, she featured in the amazon web series Made in Heaven as the popular character of Jaspreet aka Jazz.
This show made her receive immense fame and popularity. She also has done short films like Jaan the Tiger and Jutti, The shoe.
The same year she also got the opportunity to feature in Remo D’Souza’s Dancing Dad. She has also appeared in many television advertisements such as Honda Shine, Big Bazaar and Amazon.
- Jaan The Tiger
- Jutti, The Shoe
- Posham Pa
- Dancing Dad
- Angrezi mein Kehete Hain
- Made in Heaven
- Honda Shine
- Big Bazaar
- Shivani Raghuvanshi was born into a middle-class family in Delhi.
- Shivani initially wanted to become a doctor.
- While she was in 9th standard, watching Devdas in 2002 made her interested in film direction.
- Her mother encouraged her on her wishes and asked her to pursue the industry after completion of her graduation.
- One day while returning from the college she met a casting coordinator in the metro who took her number and called her after a week for a TV commercial audition.
- Her career started and received a breakthrough with a Vodafone advertisement.
- The actor gained huge fame through her role as Jaspreet aka Jazz in an Amazon web series called Made in Heaven.
- Shivani Raghuvanshi has featured in short films like Jaan the Tiger and Jutti, the Shoe.
- She has also featured in advertisements such as of Honda Shine and Amazon.
- She has had a crush on Australian cricketer Brett Lee since she was 11 years old and has also posted a picture with him.
- The actor has never been to an acting school and gave her first audition at Aram Nagar in Mumbai.
- Initially, Shivani wanted to be a doctor but took an interest in the film industry. She didn’t take acting seriously and would crack jokes on the sets of Titli, director Kanu Behl made her understand how this could in future hamper her career.
- Shivani always liked the heaving clothing and makeup of the typical Hindi films but her dreams got shattered when she was offered the role of a poor girl in her first film.
- The actor is inspired by actress Deepika Padukone.
- At first, the kissing scene in Angrezi Mein Kehte Hain made her hesitate to take up the role but her mother managed her to accept the role later.