Rahul Mahajan (born on 25th July 1975) is an Indian Television personality and a former pilot. He is best known for his appearance in the popular reality television show, Bigg Boss. He appeared in the second season of Bigg Boss. He was also the finalist of that season. Rahul has also appeared in other shows like Nach Baliye, Emotional Atyachar, Rahul Dulhaniya Le Jayenge, etc.
Rahul Mahajan Biography
|Profession||Former Pilot, TV Personality|
|Debut||TV: Bigg Boss Season 2 in 2008|
|Height||6’2” or 1.88 m or 188 cm|
|Weight||85 Kg or 187 lbs|
|Body Measurements||Chest: 40 InchesWaist: 36 InchesBiceps: 13 Inches|
|Date of Birth||25th July, 1975 (45 years old in 2020)|
|Birthplace||Ambajogai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Ambajogai, Maharashtra, India|
|Residence||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Name not known|
|College/University||Name not known|
|Affairs||Amruta Mane, Payal Rohatgi|
|Marriage date||29 August 2006 (with Shweta Singh, Div. 2008)• 6 March 2010 (with Dimpy Ganguli, Div. 2015)• 20 November 2018 (with Natalya Ilina)|
|Spouse||First Wife- Shweta Singh (Pilot)Second Wife- Dimpy Ganguli (TV Personality)Third Wife- Natalya Ilina (Russian Actress) (Current)|
|Net Worth||₹20 million (approx.)|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Watching cricket|
Early life and Background
Rahul Mahajan was born in Ambajogai, Maharashtra, India in a Hindu family to father, Pramod Mahajan and mother, Rekha Mahajan. He follows Hinduism and holds Indian nationality. He has a younger sister named Poonam Mahajan who is a politician. She was elected as the president of Bhartiya Janata Party Yuva Morcha (BJYM) in December 2016. Rahul’s father, Pramod Mahajan was the former union cabinet minister. He was shot dead by his own brother, Pravin Mahajan in 2016. Talking about Rahul’s education, it is speculated that he completed his studies in Mumbai itself before joining Jet Airways as a co-pilot.
Rahul has been in quite a few relationships in the past. He has dated Amruta Mane who is an actress, Payal Rohatgi, who is also an actress. Rahul tied the knot for the first time in 2006 with Shweta Singh, whom he had known for a few years as they both were working as a pilot together. The couple got divorced two years later after Shweta accused Rahul of domestic violence. Rahul married Dimpy Ganguli in 2010 after she was selected as the bride in the show, Rahul Dulhaniya Le Jayenge. But unfortunately, their marriage didn’t last long and they got divorced in 2015. This time Dimpy accused Rahul of Domestic violence. Three years later, in 2018, Rahul married Natalya Ilina who is a Russian actress. Natalya is eighteen years younger than Rahul.
Rahul Mahajan started his career as Co-pilot for Jet Airways. He worked with Jet Airways for two years. After quitting as a pilot, he started working as a consultant for an American company. Rahul also set up his own production company, Integral Productions, during the tenure of National Democratic Alliance Government. Apart from this Rahul has appeared in numerous television shows like Chhote Miyan, Emotional Atyachar, Job Time TV, Perfect Bachelor, etc. He participated in Nach Baliye with his second wife, Dimpy Ganguly. In 2010, he won the comedy TV show Jubilee Comedy Circus, along with Kapil Sharma and Shikha Singh. The most important show or the one which made him immensely popular was the popular reality TV show, Bigg Boss Season 2. He was the finalist in that show. He also won a car in that show. Currently, he can be seen in Bigg Boss Season 14 which is airing on Colors TV (2020).
- Bigg Boss – Season 2 in 2008
- Chhote Miyan – Jung Nanhe Hasgullon Ki in 2008
- Chhote Miyan – Chapter 2 in 2009
- Chhote Miyan Bade Miyan in 2009
- Rahul Dulhaniya Le Jayenge in 2010
- Emotional Atyachar Season 1 in 2010
- Job Time TV in 2010
- Jubilee Comedy Circus in 2011
- Perfect Bachelor in 2011
- Welcome – Baazi Mehmaan Nawazi Ki in 2013
- Nach Baliye 5 in 2013
- Nach Baliye: Shriman V/s Shrimati in 2013
- Meri Maa… (Mother’s Day special) in 2013
- India’s Dancing Superstar in 2013
- Nach Baliye 6 in 2013
- Comedy Nights with Kapil in 2014
- Bigg Boss Halla Bol in 2015
- Comedy Classes 2015
- Comedy Nights Bachao in 2015
- Cricket, Camera, Action! From 2016 to 2017
- Nach Baliye 9 in 2019
- Bigg Boss 14 in 2020
- Rahul’s first wife, Shweta Singh and second wife, Dimpy Ganguly accused him of domestic violence.
- In 2006, Rahul was hospitalized because of a cocaine overdose. He was later arrested by Delhi police for indulging in an illegal activity related to drugs.
Lesser known Facts
- Rahul is a firm believer of Sai Baba.
- Rahul was supposed to make his Bollywood debut with the film ‘3 Full and 3 Half,’ but, the film was cancelled due to some reasons.
- Rahul tweeted a picture of Radhe Maa in a mini skirt to expose her.
- He has more than twenty thousand followers on his Instagram.
- He has political inclination towers Bhartiya Janta Party (BJP).
- Rahul has a car collection which has luxury cars like the Porsche 911 and Audi R8.