Nidhi Subbaiah is an Indian actress and model. She is widely known for her successful Kannada movies Pancharangi (2010) and Krishnan Marriage Story (2011). She has also won various awards for her acting and has debuted in the Bollywood movies Oh My God, and Ajab Gazabb Love.
Table of Contents
Nidhi Subbaiah Biography
|Profession||Actress and Model|
|Debut||Kannada Movie- Abhimaani (2009) Telugu Movie- Sweetheart (2009) Bollywood Movie – Oh My God (2012)|
|Height||5’5” ft or 167 cm|
|Weight||56 kg or 123 lbs|
|Date of Birth||16th February 1985 (36 years old in 2021)|
|School||St. Joseph’s Central School, Mysore|
|College/University||Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysore|
|Educational Qualifications||BTech in Civil Engineering (dropout in 2nd year)|
|Father||Bollachanda Subhash Subbaiah|
|Marriage date||21st March 2017|
|Net Worth||₹1 crore|
|Hobbies||Reading books, traveling|
Early life and Background
Subbaiah was born in the Kodagu District of Karnataka. She is the only child of Jhansi and Bollachanda Subhash Subbaiah. They moved to Mysore after she was born. She won several gold medals at national level sports meets in sailing events as Visakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh and at Chilka Lake in Odisha. Nidhi completed her schooling at St. Joseph’s Central, Mysore, and went to pursue civil engineering at Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysore. She dropped out in her 2nd year to pursue her modeling career.
Nidhi has an affair with Bollywood actor and director Jackie Bhagnani. She apparently met him when she was working in the movie Ajab Gazabb Love and both of them became close to each other. They later broke up and she married businessman Laveesh Khairjani on 21st March 2017.
|Actor||Ramesh Aravind, Deepika Padukone|
|Destination||Italy, New York|
Nidhi ventured into various television commercials. She worked in the TV commercial of the popular brand Fair and Lovely which bagged her a role in the acting industry. She made her debut with Abhimaani in 2009. Her most notable Bollywood appearance was in Oh My God which starred Akshay Kumar. She debuted as the leading actress in Ajab Gazabb Love alongside Jackie Bhagnani. She is one of the contestants in the present Bigg Boss Kannada (season 8) as of now.
- Bigg Boss Kannada Season 8 as contestant in 2021
- Abhimaani in 2009 as Aparna Kannada
- Chamkaysi Chindi Udaysi in 2009 as Kamala
- Sweetheart in 2009 as Meenakshi
- Krishna Nee Late Aage Baaro in 2010 as Lakshmi
- Pancharangi in 2010 as Ambika Kannada
- Veera Bahu in 2011 as Devi
- Krishnan Marriage Story in 2011 as Khushi
- Anna Bond in 2012 as Divya
- Oh My God in 2012 as Divya
- Ajab Gazabb Love in 2012 as Madhuri Singh Chouhan
- Direct Ishq in 2016 as Dolly Pandey
- Love Shagun in 2016 as Tia
- Nanna Ninna Prema Kathe in 2016 as Rekha/Preeti
- 5G in 2017 as Rashi
- Ayushman Bhava in 2019 as Chukki
Nidhi revealed in one of the Bigg Boss Kannada episodes that an actor from the industry played a prank on her when she used to live with her grandparents. A few boys on bikes came by her house and threw firecrackers into a room that wasn’t hers but her grandparents’. It resulted in the curtains of the room being damaged.
- Nidhi’s entire family shifted to Mysore after her birth.
- Nidhi won three gold medals at a sports meet in Sailing events at Visakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh and Chilka Lake in Odisha in a calendar year.
- She won the Best Cadet Award in 2004.
- She worked in the TV ad for Fair and Lovely.
- She dropped out of college to pursue her modelling career.