Karan Singh Grover (born on 23rd February 1982) is a famous Indian television actor and model. He is best known for his role as Dr Armaan Malik in popular television show Dil Mil Gayye. He has hosted a lot of reality television shows, he has starred in two movies and more than twelve Indian television shows. He is currently married to Bollywood actress Bipasha Basu.
Karan Singh Grover Biography
|Name||Karan Singh Grover|
|Debut||Film- Bhram (2008) TV- Kitni Mast Hai Zindagi (2004)|
|Height||5’9” or 1.75 m or 175 cm|
|Weight||76 kg or 167.5 lbs|
|Body Measurements||Chest: 44 InchesWaist: 32 inchesBiceps: 15 Inches|
|Date of Birth||23rd February, 1982|
|Birthplace||New Delhi, India|
|Hometown||New Delhi, India|
|Residence||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||International Indian School, Damma, (IISD), Saudi Arabia|
|College/University||IHM Mumbai, Dada Catering College|
|Educational Qualifications||Graduate (Hotel Management)|
|Father||Amrit Pal Singh|
|Brother||Ishmeet Singh Grover|
|Hair colour||Dark Brown|
|Marriage date||1st– 20082nd– 20123rd – 2016|
|Spouse||1st Wife – Shraddha Nigam (Divorced, 2008-2009) 2nd Wife – Jennifer Winget (Divorced, 2012-2014) 3rd Wife – Bipasha Basu (2016-Current)|
|Net Worth||₹14 crore (approx.)|
|Hobbies||Playing video games, Golf, Fitness Enthusiast|
Early life and Background
Karan Singh Grover was born in New Delhi, India in a Punjabi Sikh family to father, Amrit Pal Singh and mother, Deepa Singh. He holds an Indian Nationality and follows Sikhism. His father, Amrit Pal Singh used to work in a travel agency. His mother, Amrita Singh is a housewife. He also has a younger brother, Ishmeet Singh Grover.
His family moved to Saudi Arabia
Quotes by the artist
- Hate is a very strong and heavy emotion, probably as strong as love. I don’t think I can live with hatred. If something bad happens, you feel bad about it; you forgive and move on. There’s no hatred.
- As actors, we need to do our parts exactly the way they have visualized it, because if we don’t, we have to keep doing it many times over.
- Saudi had been a very restricted place. Even on the magazines there, if there was a little leg or cleavage showing, they used to blacken it with a black mark. Me and Ishmeet, so many times, had tried to remove the black portion with our spit, but of course, it would never come out.
- Both me and Ishmeet were very naughty. We used to have my grandfather’s swords in the house. We used to take all these swords and take all the showpieces Mom had and slice them one by one. He actually locked my nana in the kitchen once for two hours.
- There are co-ed schools in Saudi, but those are American or British. My dad, of course, believed in the good old CBSE Indian school system and thus, my younger brother Ishmeet and I were put in an all-boys CBSE school. My mother could move out only if she wore a burkha.
- If I had my way, I wouldn’t be sharing my personal life online. I’m a private person. At home, I don’t wander around shirtless, flexing my muscles. I roam around unshaven, with my hair disheveled. Unfortunately, people perceive you differently. It’s okay; they’re free to speculate.
- I am just like Dr. Armaan – fun-loving, flirtatious, and tension-free. I am serious about my work, but apart from that, I am always playing pranks on people. As a viewer, I relate more to ‘Dil Mill Gayye.’
- I love to sing. I also had a band during my college days in Saudi Arabia called Thousand Decibels. If not an actor, I would have become a singer. I am very passionate about work. I am a fitness freak: I go to gym before doing my shoot. I also do yoga.
- I think there are only two kinds of heroes: the flamboyant ones and the angry-yet-silent types. Every character on TV falls into either category.
- As an individual, I need space and can’t be locked in a house with strangers. I would do ‘Bigg Boss’ if I get to co-host it with Salman Khan.
- Each person’s body type is different, and they need to understand that food should be eaten in regular portions.
- I want to play someone really dark, like a real bad guy on screen. But I am sure I won’t be able to do so because my fans will not let me do it. They are aggressive. My image is such that no one will allow me to do a negative character.
Karan Singh Grover got married to his first wife, Shraddha Nigam on 2nd December 2008. Their marriage lasted for only one year. They got divorced in 2009.
After his divorce, he started dating and met Television actress, Jennifer Winget. And finally, they got married in 2012. They were together for some time but their marriage didn’t turn out well so they also got divorced after two years in 2014.
Karan was single for sometime after that. In 2016, he got married for the 3rd time to Bollywood actress, Bipasha Basu. They are currently married and living a happy life. Karan has two daughters Shakya and Akira.
|Actor||Amitabh Bachchan, Kareena Kapoor, Salman Khan|
Karan started working as Marketing Manager in Sheraton Hotel, Oman, after his graduation. He quit his job after sometime. After quitting, he moved to India and tried his luck in the television industry. He made his debut in the show Kitni Mast Hai Zindagi as Arnav Deol in 2004. He started getting offers from many shows. In 2005, he played the role of Sharad Gupta in Kasautii Zindagi Kay. This serial became very popular. He is also a part of the remake of this show where he is portraying the role of Rishabh Bajaj.
The remake started airing in 2019 and is currently running. In 2007, he portrayed the role of Dr. Armaan Malik in Dill Mill Gaye. This show was also a hit. Karan became so popular because of this television show. Apart from Television shows he has starred in two movies, Alone in 2015 as Kabir and Hate Story 3 in 2015 as Saurav Singhania/Karan. His movie 3 Dev is yet to be released. He has also participated in some reality television shows like Fear Factor and Jhalak Dikhla Jaa 3. Karan has also hosted shows like Zara Nachke Dikha, Perfect Couple, and Star Masti Holi Gulaal Ki.
- Alone in 2015 as Kabir
- Hate Story 3 in 2015 as Saurav Singhania/Karan
- 3 Dev as Vishnu
- Kitni Mast Hai Zindagi from 2004 to 2005 as Arnav Deol
- Princess Dollie Aur Uska Magic Bag in 2005 as Aman
- Kasautii Zindagi Kay from 2005 to 2006 Sharad Gupta
- Solhah Singaarr from 2006 to 2007 as Abhimanyu
- Parrivaar in 2007 as Adhiraj Shergill
- Dill Mill Gayye from 2007 to 2010 as Dr Armaan Malik
- Zara Nachke Dikha in 2008 as Host
- Jhalak Dikhla Jaa 3 in 2009 as Contestant/2nd Runner Up
- Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi in 2010 as Contestant
- Perfect Couple in 2011 as Host
- Teri Meri Love Stories in 2012 as Raghu
- Dil Dosti Dance in 2012 as Professor Karan Mallik
- Qubool Hai from 2012 to 2013 as Asad Ahmed Khan
- Star Masti Holi Gulaal Ki in 2014 as Host
- Kasautii Zindagi Kay from 2019-2020 as Rishabh Bajaj
- BOSS: Baap of Special Services in 2019 as Sudhir Kohli/Keshav Khatri
- Dangerous in 2020 as Aditya Dhanraj
Lesser known Facts
- He loves to sing. He also had a band during his college days in Saudi Arabia called Thousand Decibels.
- The says that he is a fun-loving, flirtatious, and tension-free person. He is serious about his work.
- He likes playing pranks on people.
- Karan is a private person. He doesn’t like sharing his space with other people.
- His show Dill Mill Gaye was the No. 1 show on Sab TV.