Disha Patani (born 13th June 1992) is an Indian actress and model. She is also known as the “National Crush” in India. She has done super-hit movies like M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story, Bharat, Malang, etc. Apart from movies, she has done celebrity brand endorsements for many big brands like Calvin Klein India, Aurelia, Ponds, Cadbury Dairy Milk, and many more.
Table of Contents
Disha Patani Biography
|Debut||Loafer (2015) – TeluguM.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story (2016) – Bollywood|
|Height||5’7” or 1.7 m or 170 cm|
|Weight||50 Kg or 110 Lbs|
|Date of Birth||13th June, 1992 (28 years old in 2020)|
|Birthplace||Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Hometown||Tanakpur, Uttarakhand, India|
|Residence||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|College/University||Amity University – Lucknow|
|Educational Qualifications||College Drop Out (Second Year B.Tech, CSE)|
|Father||Jagdish Singh Patani|
|Mother||Name not known|
|Eye color||Dark Brown|
|Hair color||Dark Brown|
|Affairs||Parth Samthaan (ex)Tiger Shroff (current)|
|Net Worth||₹55 cr (approx.)|
|Hobbies||Yoga, Dancing, Travelling|
Early life and Background
Disha Patani was born in Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh, India. She follows Hinduism, belongs to Kshatriya Rajput caste and holds an Indian nationality. Her father, Jagdish Singh Patani is a DSP in Uttar Pradesh Police Department. Her mother is a health inspector. She has two siblings. Her elder sister, Khushboo Patani is a lieutenant in Indian Armed Forces, and her brother’s name is Suryansh Patani, who is the youngest of the three.
Disha completed her schooling and went to Amity University Lucknow to study B.Tech CSE. While she was studying in college she got some modelling projects, so she dropped out of college in the second year. She was very much interested in modelling. After dropping out she also participated in the 2013 Femina Miss India Indore contest. She was declared the first runner-up in that contest. She became very popular after she did an advertisement for Cadbury Dairy Milk. This advertisement went viral, which helped her get her first film, Loafer.
Quotes by the artist
- My house was a place where there was no difference between being a boy or a girl.
- My father made me very tough.
- I grew up with a sister and a younger brother in a house where every evening was spent performing a dance routine in front of our parents with my sister.
- I could never imagine myself acting in front of a camera or doing anything in front of the camera. I was a very shy girl. I was so shy, I didn’t have friends ‘til 16 or something.
- I got the opportunity, and I grabbed it, and slowly, I started finding a lot of interest in acting.
- I think I am lucky enough to be getting this chance also that people want to know about me. I don’t want to complain over it.
- I am fine because somebody’s opinion can’t become my reality.
- People assume that acting is an easy job. When you actually do it, you know how hard that is.
- I was always into sports, and as a sportsperson, you need to be fit to survive and play from start to finish.
- Work is important, no doubt, but one can end up neglecting family and friends in the bargain. So I have resolved not to let that happen and maintain work-life balance by taking time out for the people who matter the most to me.
- If I am writing down something and it is my idea, my imagination, it won’t be fact. I don’t take others’ views seriously because that isn’t a fact. I do respect everyone’s view, but I am not affected. We have freedom of speech, and anybody’s idea can’t be a fact.
Disha Patani was in a relationship with Kaisi Yeh Yaariyan actor Parth Samthaan. Parth has appeared in many TV shows like Star plus’s Kasauti Zindagi Ki. After dating for some time they broke up. Currently, Disha is in a relationship with her long time friend Tiger Shroff. Tiger is the son of Jackie Shroff, who is a famous Bollywood actor. The couple has shared screen in movies like Baaghi 2 and Baaghi 3.
|Actor||Jackie Chan, Rekha, Madhuri Dixit|
|Movies||Avengers Series, Mughal-e-Azam|
|Desserts||Donuts, Emarthi, Jalebi, Rabri|
Disha Patani caught the eyes of everyone when she appeared in the advertisement of Cadbury Dairy Milk. This advertisement went viral in India. After that, she started getting offers from movies and brands. Finally, in 2015, she debuted in the film industry with a Telugu movie, Loafer, where she portrayed the role of Mouni. Although this movie didn’t do quite so well, Patani got the start she needed. The following year she got the chance to appear in a music video, Befikra, along with Tiger Shroff which was written and directed by Meet Bros. In 2017, She appeared in the movie, M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story, alongside Sushant Singh Rajput and Kiara Advani. She portrayed the role of Priyanka in that movie. This movie performed amazingly on the box office and was a super-hit. This movie was a biopic of the famous Indian cricketer, M.S Dhoni.
After this movie, Disha was nominated for various awards like Best Supporting and Most Entertaining Actor in a Drama Film – Female. She also won Best Acting Debut (Female), Best Female Debut, Most Entertaining Actor (Film) Debut – Female, after this movie. That year she also starred in Jackie Chan’s Kung Fu Yoga as Asmita, along with Sonu Sood. In 2018, she did a cameo in the movie Welcome to New York, and played the role of Neha in Baaghi 2, opposite Tiger Shroff.
A year later, she appeared in the film Bharat starring Salman Khan as one of his leading ladies, Radha. That year she also did a music video Har Ghoont Mein Swag by Badshah. In 2020, she played the leading role of Sara Nambiar in the movie Malang, opposite Aditya Roy Kapur. She also made a special appearance in “Do You Love Me”, a song in the movie Baaghi 3. Her upcoming movies KTina and Radhe are yet to be released (as of 2020). Apart from movies, she has done celebrity brand endorsements for many big brands like Calvin Klein India, Aurelia, Ponds, Cadbury Dairy Milk, and many more.
- Loafer in 2015 as Mouni
- M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story in 2017 as Priyanka Jha
- Kung Fu Yoga in 2017 as Asmita
- Welcome to New York in 2018 (Cameo appearance)
- Baaghi 2 in 2018 as Neha
- Bharat in 2019 as Radha
- Malang in 2020 as Sara Nambiar
- Baaghi 3 in 2020 (Special appearance in song “Do You Love Me”)
- KTina as Tina Kapadia/KTina
- Radhe as Radhika
- Befikra in 2016 by Meet Bros, Aditi Singh Sharma
- Har Ghoont Mein Swag in 2019 by Badshah
Lesser known Facts
- Disha was nominated for a role in Bollywood movie “Heropanti” with Tiger Shroff but later got rejected.
- When she was a kid, she wanted to become an Indian Air Force pilot.
- Her favourite cricketer is Mahendra Singh Dhoni.
- She loves playing basketball. She used to play at the local level when she was a kid.
- Disha is also an amazing dancer. In an interview she said, she would love to do item numbers like chikni chameli.
- She is a fitness enthusiast. She does yoga and workout on a daily basis to maintain her sexy physique.