Alia Bhatt (born on 15th March 1993) is an Indian actress who is well known for her debut in the movie, student of the year. She has a British-Indian nationality. Coming from a filmy background, she has always dreamt of becoming an actress after growing up. She’s one of the highest-paid actresses in Bollywood. She has also appeared on the list of 30 under 30 in Forbes Asia and also on the list of Celebrity 100 in Forbes India in 2014.
Alia Bhatt Biography
|Height||5’3″ or 1.60 m or 160 cm|
|Weight||55 kg or 121 lbs|
|Date of Birth||15th March, 1993 (27 years old in 2020)|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Residence||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Jamnabai Narsee school, Mumbai|
|College/University||Did not attend.|
|Educational Qualifications||High school|
|Sibling||Rahul Bhatt (step brother)Pooja Bhatt ( half sister)Shaheen Bhatt ( elder sister)|
|Hair color||Light brown|
|Net Worth||$2 million (approx.)|
|Hobbies||Listening to Music, yoga, travelling|
Early Life and Background
Rahul Bhatt and Pooja Bhatt are her half-siblings while Shaheen Bhatt is her real elder sister. She completed her high school from Jamnabai Narsee School in 2011. After completing her high school, she received her debut role in Karan Johor’s movie, student of the year. She left school after completing high school as she got busy in her film career.
Alia Bhatt started dating from an early age. She had an affair with Ramesh Dubey when she was in class sixth and later in class eighth, she started dating her close friend Ali Dadarkar. They broke up later. There was also a rumour of her dating actor Varun Dhawan. Then she was heard of dating businessman Kavin Mittal. Currently, she is in a relationship with the Bollywood actor Ranbir Kapoor. She later revealed that she had a crush on him since the age of 11.
|Actor||Shah Rukh Khan, Leonardo DiCaprio|
|Actress||Kareena Kapoor, Jennifer Lawrence|
|Filmmakers||Sooraj Barjatya, Karan Johar|
|Destination||Himachal Pradesh, London|
Alia started her career in Bollywood at a very young age. She enrolled in Shiamak Davar’s dancing school at the age of 4. She first appeared as a child artist in the movie, Sangharsh in 1999 in which she played the role of young Preity Zinta. She got her first lead role in the film, Student of the Year in 2012. She lost 16kgs of weight in 3 months for that film. Later, she did many other hit films such as 2 States in 2014, Humpty Sharma ki Dulhania in 2014, Kapoor and Sons in 2016, Dear Zindagi in 2016, Razi and Gully boy. Apart from acting, she has sung several songs in her movies including songs like Sooha Saha in Highway, samjhawan unplugged in Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania etc. She has won several awards for her movies.
- Sangharsh as young Reet Oberoi in 1999
- Student of the year as Shanaya Singhania in 2012
- Highway as Veera Tripathi in 2014
- 2 States as Ananya Swaminathan in 2014
- Humpty Sharma ki Dulhania as Kavya Pratap Singh in 2014
- Going Home in 2014
- Ugly as Young Shalini in 2014
- Shaandaar as Alia Arora in 2015
- Kapoor & Sons as Tia Malik in 2016
- Udta Punjab as Bauria/Mary Jane in 2016
- Dear Zindagi as Kaira in 2016
- Badrinath Ki Dulhania as Vaidehi Trivedi in 2017
- Raazi as Sehmat Khan in 2018
- Gully Boy as Safeena Firausi in 2019
- Kalank as Roop Chaudhary in 2019
- Brahmastra as Isha in 2020
- RRR as Sita in 2021
- Alia Bhatt was born to a Gujrati hindu father and a Kashmiri-German muslim mother.
- She wanted to become an actress since childhood.
- She has a habit of smelling her fingers.
- She’s afraid of the dark so she keeps her lights on even when sleeping.
- Alia loves animals and is also a member of PETA.
- She likes the fragrance of men’s perfume more than that of women.
- She’s addicted to curd and never have a meal without it.
- Alia Bhatt has a habit of making diary entry every night.
- She gets nervous while travelling alone by air.
- She met Ranbir Kapoor when she was 11 and had a crush on him ever since.
- She can twist any part of her body easily as she’s very flexible.