Aamna Sharif (born 16th July 1982) was born in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. She is a well-known Indian television actress and a budding fashion designer. She has also worked in several famous Hindi movies. She gained popularity after playing the role of Kashish in “Kahiin To Hoga” which was aired on Star Plus. She won hearts with her charm, her talent and not to forget her immense beauty.
Table of Contents
Aamna Sharif Biography
|Debut||Aloo Chaat (film) Kahiin to Hoga (television)|
|Height||5’4″ or 1.63m or 163cm|
|Weight||55kg or 121lbs|
|Date of Birth||16 July 1982 (38 years old as of 2020)|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||St. Anne’s High School, Bandra|
|College/University||University of Mumbai|
|Father||Name not known|
|Mother||Name not known|
|Husband||Amit Kapoor (Businessman and film distributor)|
|Son||Arain Kapoor (Four years old)|
|Marriage date||27th December 2013|
Early life and Background
Aamna Sharif was born on 16th July 1982 in Mumbai, Maharashtra. She belongs to a Muslim family. Her father is an Indian and her mother is Persian-Bahraini. She has studied in a school called St. Anne’s High School, Bandra. She graduated from the University of Mumbai. While she was in her second year, she started receiving calls from modelling agencies. She was interested in modelling and acting since childhood. She belongs to a business family. In 1992, she had to deal with the tragic news of her father’s demise. After her father’s demise, her mother got remarried to a Hindu-Indian man. Aamna has three siblings.
Aamna, like any other famous actress, had to deal with her own share of problems in her personal life. In 2006, a rumour spread that Aamna was dating Rajeev Khandelwal who was her co-star in the serial named ‘Kahin to Hoga’. However, she denied this rumour in an interview saying that although Rajeev isn’t her boyfriend, he is definitely a close friend who has been with her through her hardships. Aamna is currently married to a businessman and a film distributor named Amit Kapoor. She dated him for many years before getting married on December 27, 2013, and now they are blessed with a son named Arain Kapoor who is four years old as of now.
|Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Actress||Katrina Kaif, Madhuri Dixit|
|Destination||Malaysia, New York, Dubai|
Aamna Sharif started her career right when she was in college, during her second year. She started getting offers from various brands like Beetel Mobile phones, close up toothpaste, Emami Cosmetic Cream, Clearasil Skin Cream, Nescafe etc. Her career started after she got featured in several music videos. She appeared in a video album song by Kumar Sanu in 2001. She was also featured in various Hindi music videos by Falguni Pathak and Abhijeet Bhattacharya. Aamna made her acting debut in the television industry with ‘Kahiin Toh Hoga’ in 2003, she played the role of Kashish in the same.
Aamna earned a huge fan base after playing this role. She later appeared in ‘Honey Judaa Na Hum’ TV serial in which she got the lead role again. She has also acted in various Hindi films like ‘Ek Villian’ and ‘Roohi Afza’. She replaced Hina Khan and is currently playing the role of Komolika in the famous TV show called ‘Kasuati Zindagi Kay’.
- Junction in 2002 as Jennifer
- Aloo Chaat in 2009 as Aamna
- Aao Wish Karein in 2009 as Mitika
- Shakal Pe Mat Ja in 2011 as Amina
- Ek Villain in 2014 as Sulochana
- Roohi Afza in 2020 as Bindya
- Kahiin to Hoga the in 2003-07 as Kashish Sinha
- Hongey Judaa Na Hum in 2012-2013 as Muskaan Duggal
- Ek Thhi Naayika in 2013 as Razia
- Kasautii Zindagii Kay in 2019-present as Komolika Chaubey
- Dil Ka Aalam in 2001 by Kumar Sanu
- Yeh Kisne Jaadu Kiya in 2002 by Falguni Pathak
- Chalne Lagi Hain Hawayein in 2002 by Abhijeet Bhattacharya
- Neendon Mein Khwabon Ka in 2002 by Abhijeet Bhattacharya
- Mujhko Piya Ki Yaad Sataye in 2002 by Preeti & Pinky
- Laamaseelu Soora in 2005 by Abdul Bari
Lesser known facts
- Aamna started her career as a model at the age of 18.
- She is the brand ambassador of Wheel Detergent, Bharatplaza etc.
- She is a fitness freak and always follows strict diet plans.
- She is active on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Facebook.
- She has one million followers on Instagram.
- The serial she debuted in was at number 5 on Starplus’s top 10 shows of all time.