Upasana Kamineni or Upasana Kamineni Konidela ( born on 20th July 1989) is an Indian entrepreneur and Vice-Chairperson of Apollo Life. She is the Editor-in-chief of B Positive Magazine as well. Her husband is the famous actor Ram Charan.
Table of Contents
Upasana Kamineni Age, Biography, Husband
|Upasana Kamineni Konidela
|Date of birth
|20th July 1989 ( Thursday)
|30 years as of 2020
|Hyderabad, Telangana, India
|Hyderabad, Telangana, India
|Name not known
|Regent’s University, London, England, United Kingdom
|Degree in International Business Marketing & Management
|168cm or 1.68m or 5’6”
|55kg or 121lbs
|Anil Kamineni ( Entrepreneur and Founder of KEI Group
|Shobana Kamineni ( Entrepreneur, President at Confederation of Indian Industry and the Executive Vice Chairperson of Apollo Hospitals)
|14th June 2012
|Temple Trees Farm House, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
|Ram Charan ( Actor )
|Horse riding, scuba diving, playing Polo and watching films
Early life and Background
Upasana Kamineni was born in Hyderabad, Telangana, India. Her father Anil Kamineni is the Founder of KEI Group ( a diversified logistics, leisure and infrastructure business) and her mother Shobana Kamineni is the President at Confederation of Indian Industry and the Executive Vice Chairperson of Apollo Hospitals. She has a brother named Puansh Kamineni and a sister named Anushpala Kamineni.
Her maternal grandfather Prathap C. Reddy is Padma Vibhushan recipient and founder of India’s first Corporate health care, Apollo Hospitals. Preetha Reddy (Vice-Chairperson of Apollo Hospitals), Sangita Reddy ( Joint Managing Director of Apollo Hospitals) and Suneeta Reddy ( Director at Apollo Hospitals) are her maternal aunts.
She wanted to become a Fashion designer as a child but later realized her love for their family business. She went to London to get her Degree in International Business Marketing and Management at Regent’s University in England.
She was extremely fat during as a teenager but lost weight during her college days through regular exercise and a healthy diet. She loves animals and believes in loving and respecting them as equals.
Upasana met Ram Charan through common friends at a sports club during her time in London. They both became friends after that and soon developed Love for each other. Later they both decided to get married. On 14th June 2012, they got married at the Temple Trees Farm House in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. She is the daughter of the law of the famous South Indian Actor Chiranjeevi.
|Kachchi Biryani, Hyderabadi Biryani, Pucci Biryani of Awadh, Dum Pukht and Samosa
|Horses and dogs
|Shark Tank series
Upasana got her degree in International Business Marketing and Management from Regent’s University, London, England, United Kingdom. Initially, she wanted to become a fashion designer but soon decided that she loved her family business more.
She is the Vice-Chairperson of Apollo Foundation which diagnoses, treats and educates people in need of medical care. She is also the Vice-Chairperson of Apollo Life. She is the owner and Editor-in-chief of B Positive Magazine which is a health and lifestyle magazine.
- Mahatma Gandhi Award for Leadership in Corporate Social Responsibility in 2019
- Dadasaheb Phalke – Philanthropist of the Year Award in 2019
- Femina Recognition in Healthcare Awards in 2017
She is a Philanthropist and started the movement called “U Exchange” as a student. She used to collect old textbooks and notebooks to give to the children in Naxal areas. She has launched JIYO App with Deepak Chopra, an Indian born American Author and medical advocate. The app tracks stress and wellness levels of an individual and them send them a wellness prescription.
Lesser known Facts
- Upasana Kamineni Konidela was extremely fat during her teenage years but lost weight via a healthy diet and regular exercise in her college days in London.
- She is the daughter in law of veteran South Indian actor Chiranjeevi.
- She started a movement called U Exchange as a student, where she collected notebooks for the children in Naxal areas.
- In 2016, there was a rumour about her and Ram Charan getting a divorce which she claimed to be false and said that they loved each other during an interview.
- She calls her husband Mr. C lovingly.
- She is good friends with fashion designers Anamika Khanna, Abu Jani Sandeep Khosla and Tarun Tahiliani.
- Upsana and Tamannaah Bhatia are best friends and she once gifted Tamannaah a giant crystal ring as a gift after being impressed by her performance in Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy in 2019.
- The entrepreneur is an animal lover and has more than five dogs. She also has a Falabella named Daisy which was gifted to her by Ram Charan after one month of their marriage.
- Upasana has an interest in interior designing and has designed the interiors of one of her wellness centres.