Girija Oak (born on 27th December 1987) is an Indian actress known for her roles in Taare Zameen Par and Shor in the City. She debuted at the early age of 15 and acted in several Marathi movies.
Girija Oak Biography
|Debut||Manini in 2004 as Shalimi (Marathi)|
|Date of birth||27th December, 1987 (33years old as of 2021)|
|Place of birth||Nagpur, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Nagpur, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Name not known|
|College/University||Thakur College of Science & Commerce, Kandivali East, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Educational Qualification||Graduate in biotechnology|
|Height||167cm or 1.67m or 5’6”|
|Weight||58kgs or 128lbs|
|Mother||Name not known|
|Siblings||Durga Oak (sister)|
|Net worth||$1-2 million|
|Hobbies||Cooking and traveling|
Early Life and Background
Girija Oak was born in Nagpur, Maharashtra, India. She was born into a Hindu-Brahmin family. Her father is Girish Oak who is a popular Marathi writer and actor. She did her schooling at a local school in Nagpur. She got her biotechnology degree from Thakur College of Science & Commerce, Kandivali East, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
She is married to Marathi filmmaker Suhrud Godbole. They have a son named Kabir Godbole. Shrirang Godbole, the famous Marathi film director, and dialogue writer is her father-in-law, and actress Mrinmayee Godbole is her sister-in-law.
|Actor||Amir Khan, Salman Khan, and Shahrukh Khan|
|Actress||Alia Bhatt and Madhuri Dixit|
|Food||Idli, Dosa and Vada Pav|
|Colour||Red and pink|
Girija made her debut at the age of 15 with the Marathi film “Marini (2004)”. She has acted in several Marathi movies such as Goshta Choti Dongraevadhi, Gulmohar, and Adgule Madgule. She played the lead role in the Marathi television show “Lajja” on Zee Marathi as Manaswini Desai.
In 2018, she made her short film debut with “Quarter”. It premiered at the 71st Cannes Film Festival in the Court Metrage category. From 2018 to 2019 she played the lead role in the second season of the Hindi show “Ladies Special” on Sony Entertainment Television.
She was one of the finalists of the singing contest “Singing Star”. She has also done several Kannada and Hindi movies and series. She will next be seen in the Hindi web series “Cartel” in 2021 as Rama.
- Taare Zameen Par in 2007 as Jabeen
- Shor in the City in 2011 as Sejal
- Cycle Kick in 2011 as Shrishti
- Ladies Special from 2018-2019 as Meghana Nikade
Web Series (Hindi)
- Cartel in 2021 as Rama
- Manini in 2004 as Shalimi
- Goshta Choti Dongraevadhi in 2009 as Vaidehi
- Gulmohar in 2009
- Manini in 2010 as Shalini
- Huppa Huiyya in 2010 as Vasanti
- Adgula Madgula in 2011 as Anuja
- Navra Maza Bhavra in 2013
- Mauli in 2018
- Quarter in 2020 as Ashwini Ranade (short film)
- Goshta Eka Paithanichi in 2020
Television Series (Marathi)
- Lajja in 2010 as Manaswini Desai aka Mannu
- House Full in 2009 as Aishwarya
Lesser Known Facts
- Girija is a very good dancer. Her dancing skills can be seen in “Eka Peksha Ek Apsara Ali”.
- She made her Bollywood debut in 2007 in the movie “Taare Zameen Par”.
- In 2018, she made her short film debut with “Quarter”. It premiered at the 71st Cannes Film Festival in the Court Metrage category.
- Girija made her comeback after several years with the Marathi movie “Mauli” in 2018.
- The actress has a degree in biotechnology.
- She was one of the finalists of the singing contest “Singing Star”.