Shilpa Shukla (born on 22 February 1982) is an Indian film and theatre actress. She became famous after getting a prominent role in the movie called ‘Chak de India!’. She was born and raised in a family of civil servants and scholars. She is also popular for being the host of the mini-series ‘Savdhaan India’.
Table of Contents
Shilpa Shukla Biography
|Debut||Film (Punjabi)-Khamosh Pani (2003)Film (Hindi): Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi (2005)|
|Height||5’6” or 1.68m or 168 cm|
|Weight||60 kg or 132 lbs|
|Date of Birth||22 February 1982 (40 years as of 2023)|
|Birthplace||Hajipur, Bihar, India|
|School||Delhi Public School, RK Puram, Delhi|
|College/University||Miranda House, Delhi|
|Educational Qualifications||Post Graduate|
|Spouse||Mohit Tripathi (separated)|
|Net Worth||₹1 crore (approx.)|
Early life and background
Shilpa Shukla was born in Hajipur, Bihar. She belongs to a middle-class Hindu family but she follows Buddhism now. Her father, NK Shukla was an Income Tax Officer and her mother is Namita Shukla. Shilpa completed her schooling at Delhi Public School, RK Puram, Delhi, and graduated from Miranda House, Delhi. She has been a bright and hardworking kid since childhood and is working with the same vigor now. She has always wanted to help people and do something big enough to be able to influence others’ lives in a good way.
Shilpa was married to an associate director of B.A Pass named Mohit Tripathi. They both met at the Asmita Theatre group in Delhi. They fell in love and tied the knot but their marriage didn’t work out. She is divorced now.
|Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Actress||Aishwarya Rai Bachchan|
|Lyricist||V. Nagendra Prasad|
Shilpa started her career by performing in theatre. She used to participate in various plays to improve her acting skills when she was starting out. She made her debut in the year 2003 with the Punjabi movie called Khamosh Paani. She played the role of Maya in the political Drama film called Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi in the year 2005. She has acted in many films like Chak De India!, Frozen, Bhindi Bazaar, Rajdhani Express, B.A. Pass, Crazy Cukkad Family, Bombairiya, etc. She made her web debut in Mentalhood. And later did many series and movies for OTT platforms. She has also received plenty of awards for her roles and acting skills.
- Khamosh Pani in 2003 as Zubeida
- Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi in 2005 as Mala
- Chak De India! in 2007 as Bindia Naik
- Frozen in 2007 as Karma’s wife
- Bhindi Bazaar in 2011 as Kanjari
- Rajdhani Express in 2013 as Lady SI
- B.A. Pass in 2013 as Sarika
- Crazy Cukkad Family in 2015 as Archana Berry
- Bombairiya in 2019 as Iravati
- HIT: The First Case in 2022 as Sheela
- Bullet (short film)
- Savdhaan India as Host
- Mentalhood in 2020 as Namrata
- Hostages in 2020 as Shanaya
- Criminal Justice: Behind Closed Doors in 2020 as Ishani
- Four More Shots Please! in 2022 as Meher
Lesser known Facts
- Shilpa started modeling at the age of 16.
- She rose to fame in 2017 with Chak De India!
- B.A. The pass was her second-best movie.
- Shilpa has also acted in ads and short films.
- She rejected an offer from Anurag Kashyap for his movie called Gangs of Wasseypur.
How did Shilpa meet her ex-husband?
Shilpa met her ex-husband at Asmita Theatre Group in Delhi.
What is Shilpa’s most recent film?
Her most recent film was released in 2022, it’s called HIT: The First Case.
What is Shilpa’s age?
Shilpa is currently 40 years old.
Is Shilpa dating anyone right now?
There are rumors that she is dating Ajay Bahl, but it hasn’t been confirmed yet.