Preetika Rao (born on 29th May 1988) is an Indian actress, model, and former film columnist. She is the younger sister of popular Bollywood actress Amrita Rao. The actress is known for playing the role of Aaliya Zain Abdullah in her television debut Beintehaan (2013).
Table of Contents
Preetika Rao Biography
|Profession||Actor, model, and former film columnist|
|Debut||Film: Tamil: Chikku Bukku (2011)Telegu: Priyudu (2012)Kannada: Rebel (2016)Television: Beintehaan (2013-2014)|
|Date of birth||29th May 1988 (34 years old as of 2022)|
|Place of birth||Mangalore, Karnataka, India|
|Hometown||Mangalore, Karnataka, India|
|Residence||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Convent Girls High School, Prabhadevi, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|College||Sophia College for Women, Mumbai, Maharashtra, IndiaNew York Film Academy, Burbank, California, USA|
|Educational qualifications||Diploma course in broadcast journalism|
|Height||165cm or 1.65m or 5’5”|
|Weight||51kg or 112lbs|
|Father’s name||Deepak Rao (owner of an advertising agency)|
|Mother’s name||Name not known (homemaker)|
|Sister’s name||Amrita Rao (actress)|
|Hobbies||Singing, writing, and cooking|
Early Life and Background
Preetika Rao was born in Mangalore, Karnataka. She comes from a family that speaks Konkani and is Hindu. Her father, Deepak Rao is the owner of an advertising agency and her mother is a homemaker. She graduated with a degree in history from Sophia College and earned a diploma in advertising and journalism. She wrote for Bangalore Mirror and the Asian Age while freelancing as an assistant editor at Deccan Chronicle. Her sister, Amrita Rao, is an actress who appeared in Bollywood movies. After her acting debut, she moved to the United States to study Broadcast Journalism at New York Film Academy, New York.
Preetika is extremely secretive about her personal life and has never been romantically linked with anyone in the recent past. There were often rumours about her dating her co-stars but they were never confirmed.
|Actresses||Priyanka Chopra and Preeti Zinta|
|Cuisines||Thai and French|
|Restaurant||Out of The Blue, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
Rao made her debut in film and television by playing the role of Meenal “Ammu” in the Tamil film Chikku Bukku (2010). Her Telugu debut was Priyudu (2012), where she played the role of Madhu Latha opposite Varun Sandesh. In 2013, she made her television debut with Beintehaa opposite Harshad Arora. She portrayed Aaliya Ghulam Haider/Aaliya Zain Abdullah and received several awards for her performance including Gold Awards Best Debut- Female.
Rao made her singing debut in 2015 with the single “Na Tum Humein Jano”. She was seen in a lead role in the Kannada film Rebel, alongside Aditya. She then appeared as a contestant in Box Cricket League and appeared on television with the show Love Ka Hai Intezaar in 2017. She portrayed Mohini Mathur Ranawat/Mohini Ayaan Mehta opposite Mohit Sehgal. The same year she released her second single “Yaad Kiya Dil Ne” with Siddharth Basrur.
Rao made her debut in Bollywood with the ZEE5 film 377 Ab Normal. She played a lesbian opposite Maanvi Gagroo. She next appeared in Love Sorries, which was released on MX Player and Hungama Play. In this anthology film, she portrayed a strict boss Meera in Double Cheese alongside Aakash Talwar.
- Chikku Bukku in 2010 as Meena “Ammu”
- Priyudu in 2012 as Madhu Latha
- Rebel in 2015 as Preetika
- Metro Mulaqat in 2017 as Priya
- 377 Ab Normal in 2019 as Neha
- Love Sorries in 2021 as Meera
- Unnamed Kannada film to be released in 2022
- Beintehaan from 2013-2014 as Aaliya Zain Abdullah
- Box Cricket League in 2016 as a contestant
- Love Ka Hai Intezaar in 2017 as Mohini Mehta
- Laal Ishq in 2018 as Mahima Malhotra
- Surilee in 2017
- Tere Vede in 2018
- Tenu Bhul Na Pavagi in 2018
- Na Tum Humein Jano in 2015
- Yaad Kiya Dil Ne in 2017 with Siddharth Basrur
- Teen model Rao appeared in an advertisement for Cadbury Dairy Milk, with Amitabh Bachchan and directed by Shoojit Sircar. She has over 200 TVC and print campaigns under her belt.
- Rao was felicitated at the Sinema Zetu International Festival in Tanzania for her immense popularity there due to her show Beintehaa.
- Preetika Rao was chosen to be the winner of Miss Asia 2011 at the 37th International World Beauty Award.
- Her sister is the famous Bollywood actress Amrita Rao, who starred in films like Vivah and Mein Hoon Nah.