Namit Khanna (born on 29th October 1985) is a famous Indian supermodel-turned-actor. He made a name for himself in the acting industry by portraying the role of Ranbir Raichand in Vikram Bhatt’s web series Twisted. He is also famously known for his role as Dr Sid in Sanjivani TV Serial. As a model, he has worked with top designers like Sabyasachi Mukherjee and Rohit Bal.
Table of Contents
Namit Khanna Age, Biography, Wiki
|Debut||Bang Bang Bangkok, 2013 (Film)|
|Height||6’2″ or 1.88 m or 188 cm|
|Weight||75 Kg or 165 lbs.|
|Body Measurements||Chest: 43 InchesWaist: 33 InchesBiceps: 12 Inches|
|Date of Birth||29th October 1985 ( 35 years old in 2020)|
|Birthplace||London, United Kingdom|
|College/University||Kingston University, London|
|Eye color||Dark Brown|
Early life and Background
Namit Khanna was born in London, England, the United Kingdom to father Nawal Khanna and mother Sangeeta Khanna. His father is a Businessman and owns a company named Indesign International. He has a sister named Suhana Manchanda who is an interior designer based in Delhi.
Namit belongs to Punjabi-Sikh caste and has an Indian Nationality. He completed his studies in London. He pursued Bachelors of Business Administration (B.B.A) and graduated from Kingston University, London, United Kingdom. After completing his studies he moved to India and started his modelling career there.
With his attractive physique, the Actor attracts a lot of attention from women. Though he keeps his love life hidden from the public, there has been a lot of rumours and speculations surrounding it. The most famous rumour on the media and from some sources was that he was dating his Sanjivani serial co-star Surbhi Chandna.
Famous Quotes by the actor
- “It is a common belief that models can’t act. I cannot take responsibility for other models or their acting abilities. I can only speak for myself through my work. The audience is free to judge whether I can act or not. I am only going to work hard and do my best to entertain the audience with my performance.”
- “Modelling is more about carrying a certain attitude and walking on the ramp showcasing the clothes you wear. After doing that for many years, you get used to keeping your face expressionless. Then, when you suddenly take the plunge into acting, it becomes difficult to start emoting. But we all learn and over the years, maybe, everyone improves. Being on stage made me realize the importance of truly being in the moment and letting the magic happen. I’m truly grateful for these experiences and hope to be able to do more theatre in the future.”
- “I achieved everything that a male model can achieve in our country. There was nothing more left for me to do apart from the same job. That’s what lead me to move on to bigger better things, but haven’t left modelling.”
- “I have always known that modelling is a female-centric industry, but I still managed to be in the top strata of the male models in our country for as long as I worked. I did everything a male model could do in India,”
Namit started his career as a Model in 2003 in Mumbai. At the start of his career, he got opportunities to feature in many print advertisements and Television commercials. Throughout his modelling career, he has worked for many top brands like Samsung, Nokia, Maruti Suzuki, Bacardi, Blackberry’s, Mufti Jean’s, John Miller, Jack & Jones, GQ Magazine India, Yardley, Garnier Fructis, etc.
After making a good name in the industry he got the opportunity to walk on the ramp for big designers like Sabyasachi Mukherjee and Rohit Bal. Because of his hard work and talent, he was also listed as India’s top supermodel.
After achieving mostly everything he wanted and reaching the top of his career Namit decided to retire from modelling and try his luck in acting. Namit made his big-screen debut in 2013 with Bang Bang Bangkok.
He was in the lead role in his debut movie. His performance in this movie caught the eye of some well-known directors and finally, in 2017 he got the role of Ranbir Raichanda in Vikram Bhatt’s Twisted, a web series. In 2018, he portrayed Siddhant Sinha in Yeh Pyaar Nahi Toh Kya Hai and became very popular because of his performance in the show.
In 2019 he did a cameo appearance in Sepia as Farhaz. He was also in the cast of a Star Plus TV show Sanjivani from 2019-2020 where he played the role of Dr Siddhant “Sid” Mathur.
- Bang Bang Bangkok, in 2013
- Yeh Pyaar Nahi Toh Kya Hai in 2018, as Siddhant Sinha
- Sanjivani from 2019-2020, as Dr Siddhant “Sid” Mathur
- Twisted in 2017 as Ranbir Raichand
- Sepia in 2019 as Farhaz (Cameo appearance)
|Actor||Amitabh Bachchan, Rani Mukherjee, Rajnikanth|
Lesser known facts
- Namit has a strong financial background.
- He has a family business of interior designing.
- Namit has over one-hindered eighty thousand followers on his Instagram account.
- The fit actor and model follows a daily morning gym routine and has a strict diet plan.
- As a kid, he loved watching Bollywood movies.
- He visits London during his vacations.
- According to Namit, his inspiration and role model is Amitabh Bachchan.