Karan Patel (born on 23rd November 1983) is an Indian television actor best known for playing Raman Kumar Bhalla in the TV show “Yeh Hai Mohabbatein”. He also plays Mr Rishabh Bajaj in The television show “Kasauti Zindagi Kay”. He did his first lead role in the STAR plus series “Kasturi”. Karan has also participated in reality TV shows like “Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 10” in which he was the runner-up. He also participated in “Jhalak Dikhla Jaa 6”. He has bagged more than 25 shows to his names and has also done a few movies.
Table of Contents
Karan Patel Biography
|Film- City of Gold (2010)TV- Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki (2000-2008)
|5’7” or 1.70 m or 170 cm
|68 kg or 150 lbs
|Chest: 43 InchesWaist: 32 inchesBiceps: 16 Inches
|Date of Birth
|23rd November, 1983
|Kolkata, West Bengal, India
|Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
|Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
|Utpal Sanghvi School, Juhu, Mumbai
|Mithibai College, Mumbai
|Name Not Known
|Name Not Known
|3rd May 2015
|₹50 million (approx.)
|Tracking, workout, horse riding
Early life and Background
Karan Patel was born in Kolkata; West Bengal and he belongs to a Gujarati family. His father is Rashesh Patel, a businessman. He is the sole son in his family. Though his family had a business background, he wished to pursue a career in acting and joined the film industry as soon as he found his passion. He completed his schooling from Utpal Sanghvi School in the Juhu region of Mumbai, Maharashtra and graduated from Mithibai College in Mumbai. He brushed up his acting skills at the Kishore Namit Kapoor’s acting institute. He also attended the University of the Arts, London. Apart from academics, he also learnt dance from Shiamak Davar’s dance classes.
Quotes by the artist
- You cannot go far alone. You enjoy your journey better if you have people by your side.
- My life is an open book. You’re welcome to speculate.
- The funniest memory that I can recall about my school days has to be one incident that involved unfinished homework for numerous days. I didn’t do any of my homework for days and days at a stretch and kept stalling my teacher that I was extremely unwell and was under heavy medication.
- I don’t go by or change my attitude based on what people say. At the end of the day, they, too, are judging me from their perspective. I would rather be myself and let people accept me for what I am than be somebody who I am not, just because I want people’s approval.
- I am blessed with a funny gene that makes me enjoy life.
Karan has kept his personal life open to his fans. He was dating his Co-star Amita Chandekar. They both met on the sets of Kasturi and bonded well. They went on to participate in the television show Nach Baliye 3. After they got eliminated from the show, they decided to break up. Later, Karan claimed that they were never really a couple and just pretended for the show. He then dated his childhood friend Shayal Kumar. He dated actress Kamya Punjabi in the past but they broke up in 2014 when the rumours of him getting engaged to Ankita Bhargava sparked. He married actress Ankita Bhargava on 3rd May 2015. They have a daughter named Mehr.
|Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone
Karan Patel bagged his first lead role in the STAR Plus show Kasturi where he played Robbie Sabarwal. He played various roles in Balaji Telefilm before that. Patel played Vigyat in Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki which was his first role on Indian Television. In 2008, he hosted the show “Kahi Na Yaar Hai” and did various reality shows like Jhalak Dikhla Jaa and Nach Baliye. He is best known for his acting as Raman Kumar Bhalla in Yeh Hai Mohabbatein and is seen playing Mr Bajaj in the show Kasautii Zindagi Kay.
His acting has earned him various honours like ZEE Gold Awards for Best Actor for three years in a row (2014-2016), Indian Telly Award for Best Actor in Lead Role, Indian Television Academy Award for Best Romantic Actor (Male) in 2015.
- City of Gold in 2010 as Naru
- Shootout at Wadala in 2013 as Jamal
- Phamous in 2018 as Goli
- Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki in 2003 as Vigyat
- Kasauti Zindagi Kay from 2005 to 2006 as Karan
- Kesar in 2005 as Ryan
- Kkavyanjali in 2005 as Kanishk
- Kasamh Se in 2005 as Rohit Ranvijay Chopra
- Karam Apna Apna from 2006 to 2007 as Vivaan Kapoor
- Kasturi from 2007 to 2009 as Robbie Sabarwal
- Nach Baliye in 2007 as contestant
- Kaun Jeetega Bollywood Ka Ticket in 2008 as contestant
- Kaho Na Yaar Hai in 2008 as Host
- Survivor India in 2012 as contestant
- Teri Meri Love Stories in 2012 as Yug Saxena
- Jhalak Dikhla Jaa 6 in 2013 as contestant
- Yeh Hai Mohabbatein from 2013 to 2019 as Raman Kumar Bhalla
- Box Cricket League from 2014 to 2015 as contestant
- Gumrah S5 from 2015 to 2016 as Host
- Nach Baliye 7 in 2015 as Host
- Jhalak Dikhla Jaa 8 in 2016 as Guest
- I don’t watch TV in 2016 as himself
- Box Cricket League 2 in 2016 as contestant
- Kitchen Champion 5 in 2019 as contestant
- Khatra Khatra Khatra in 2019 as Guest/Recurring
- Nach Baliye 9 in 209 as Guest
- Yeh Hai Chahatein in 2019 as Raman Bhalla(cameo)
- Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 10 in 2020 as contestant
- Kasauti Zindagi Kay from 2020 to present as Rishabh Bajaj
- Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi- Made in India in 2020 as contestant
Lesser known facts
- Karan used to attend Kishore Namit Kapoor’s Acting School in Mumbai and London School of Arts to brush up his skills in acting.
- He used to attend Shiamak Davar’s dance classes to receive dance training.
- His favourite superhero character is Batman.
- Actor Mohit Malik AMD actress Drishti Dhami is his good friends.
- He was given the Zee Gold Award for Best Actor for “Yeh Hai Mohabbatein” in 2014.
- He hosted the dance show “Nach Baliye Season 7” alongside Rithvik Dhanjani.