Monami Ghosh (born on 13th July 1984) is an Indian Bengali film and television actress who has played various roles throughout her career. Her most notable television appearance was in the ETV Bangla serial Binni Dhaner Khoi.
Table of Contents
Monami Ghosh Biography
|Profession||Actor and model|
|Date of birth||13th July 1984 (38 years old as of 2022)|
|Place of birth||Basirhat, North 24 Parganas, West Bengal, India|
|Hometown||Basirhat, North 24 Parganas, West Bengal, India|
|Residence||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|School||Name not known|
|College/University||University of Calcutta|
|Height||164cm or 1.64m or 5’4”|
|Weight||53kg or 116.8 lbs.|
|Father’s name||Arup Ratan Ghosh|
|Mother’s name||Tomasha Ghosh|
|Affair||Saikat Baruri (photographer)|
|Net worth||$2 million|
|Hobbies||Dancing and singing|
Early Life and Background
Monami was born in a middle-class Bengali family in Basirhat, West Bengal, India. She is the only child of Arup Ratan Ghosh and Tomasha Ghosh. She went to schooling in her hometown and did her higher education at the University of Calcutta. After that, she started ventured into the acting industry and soon made her debut.
Monami Ghosh is in a relationship with photographer Saikat Baruri. The duo has been dating for over three years. They often hang out together and are expected to tie the knot soon.
|Actor||Amitabh Bachchan, Ranbir Kapoor, and Shahrukh Khan|
|Actress||Kajol, Sridevi, and Madhuri Dixit|
|Cuisine||Chinese and Italian|
|Food||Chilli Chicken, Dosa, and Pizza|
|Perfume||Black Ford for Women|
|Pink, black, and white||Pink, black and white|
|Destinations||Paris, Darjeeling, and Switzerland|
Monami Ghosh started her acting career on the Bengali television series Saat Kahon (aired on DD Bangla) when she was 17 years old. She played the lead in 25-30 serials for which she has become famous for her portrayal of the characters Ananya in Pratiksha Ektu Bhalobashar… (2001-02), Komolika in Kon Shey Alor Swapno Niye (2003), Zeenat in Ek Akasher Niche (2004-04), and Barsha in Ekdin Pratidin. Her most famous performance is as Mohor, a character she played for four years in ETV Bangla’s popular series Binni Dhaner Khoi.
In addition to her television career, Monami Ghosh has appeared in several film roles. In 2008, she finished shooting for Aniruddha Banerjee’s film Box No. 1313 opposite Parambrata Chatterjee. In 2012, she acted in Anik Dutta’s Bengali film Bhooter Bhabishyat, in which she played the role of “Lachhmi”. She also appeared in the 2015 film Bela Seshe with Adil Hussain and Paoli Dam; as “Piu” and “Jiniya” in the 2018 cross-border film Maati starring Adil Hussain and Paoli Dam.
Monami Ghosh appeared in more Bengali television serials after appearing in ETV Bangla’s Hiyar Majhe. Her character was Bhromor aka Kurani on Binni Dhaner Khoi, with her co-actor being Badsah Maitra. She then played the role of Kankaboti Banerjee aka Kankon on Star Jalsha’s Punyi Pukur. In 2018, she began playing Iraboti Mitra on Star Jalsha’s Irabotir Chupkotha.
- Maati in 2018 as Jiniya
- Ek Mutho Chobi
- Bela Seshe in 2015 as Piu
- Ogo Bodhu Sundari in 2010
- Bhooter Bhabishyat in 2012 as Lachhmi
- Bhallu Sardar in 2012
- Hoyto Premer Jonno (unreleased)
- Box No. 1313 in 2008
- Kalo Chita in 2004
- Belashuru in 2022
- Saat Kahon from 1999-2000
- Pratiksha Ektu Bhalobashar from 2001-2002 as Ananya
- Kon Shey Alor Swapno Niye in 2003 as Komolika
- Sonar Horin in 2004
- Ek Akasher Niche from 2004-2005 as Zeenat
- Ekdin Pratidin from 2005-2007 as Barsha
- Kaal from 2007-2008
- Binni Dhaner Khoi from 2009-2012 as Dr. Kojagori Mukherjee and Lina Banerjee
- Hiyar Majhe from 2013-2014 as Bhromor
- Sadhak Bamakhyapa in 2015 as Sulokkhona
- Punyi Pukur from 2015-2017 as Kankaboti Banerjee
- Amloki in 2018 as Mohona
- Irabotir Chupkotha from 2018-2020 as Iraboti Mitra and Arushi
- Dadagiri Unlimited Season 8 in 2018 as Guest Participant
- Dance Junior Season 2 from 2021-2022 as a judge
- Mouchak in 2021 as Mou
- Nabadurga in 2010 as Devi Kalratri
- Durgotinashini Durga in 2018
- During her childhood days, she used to call her parents Borda and Boudi.
- She was ranked no. 3 in the Most Desirable Woman in 2018.
- Monami has received several film offers from Bollywood, but she rejected them because she didn’t want to leave Kolkata.
- She is the owner of YouTube’s silver play button.