Monica Sharma (born on 15th September 1992) is an Indian actress and model. She is known for appearing in &TV’s “Dilli Wali Thakur Gurls” in 2015, Sasural Simar Ka, Kasauti Zindagi Kay and many more Hindi soap operas. She has also appeared in numerous Punjabi song albums. It is rumoured that she will be making her big-screen debut in 2020 with the Telegu Film “Ninne Pelladatha” alongside actress Rakul Preet’s brother.
Table of Contents
Monica Sharma Biography
|Profession||Actress and Model|
|Debut||Song: Time Table 2 by Kulwinder Billa (2015); Television: Dilli Wali Thakur Gurls (2015)|
|Date of birth||15th September 1992 (28 years old as of 2020)|
|Place of birth||New Delhi, India|
|Hometown||New Delhi, India|
|Residence||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Happy Model School, Janakpuri, New Delhi, India|
|College / University||Not known|
|Educational Qualifications||Not known|
|Height||173cm or 1.73m or 5’8”|
|Weight||55kg or 121lbs|
|Father||Kamakhya Narayan Sharma|
|Mother||Name not known|
|Hobbies||Dancing and travelling|
Early Life and Background
Monica Sharma was born in a Hindu household in New Delhi, India. Much is not known about her family because she leads a very private life when it comes to her family. Her father, Kamakhya Narayan Sharma owns an NGO in New Delhi called the “Ek Lakshya Charitable Trust”. The actor herself is a social worker and is associated with her father’s NGO. She did her schooling from Happy Model School, Janakpuri, New Delhi, India. Much is not known about her higher education as she got wrapped up in the Television world soon after. She started her career in 2014, by participating in a beauty pageant.
|Actor||Akshay Kumar and Shahrukh Khan|
|Actress||Sushmita Sen and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan|
|Food||Sambhar-Vada and Paneer kofta|
|Colour||Pink and white|
|Travel Destination||Turkey and Toronto|
Monica entered the “Indian Princess” beauty contest in 2014. She was titled Miss Grand India 2014 and represented India at Miss Grand International which was held at Bangkok, Thailand, India. She was placed in the Top 20 at the Best National Costume competition of the contest. After one year of grooming herself, she started her television career in 2015 with & TV’s show “Dilli Wali Thakur Gurls”. The same year she also did a music video with Punjabi Singer Kulwinder Singh, “Time Table 2”. Next, she was seen in Colors TV’s “Naagin 2” in a supporting role.
In 2018, she did a cameo in “Sasural Simar Ka” and in the supernatural thriller of the show “Kaun Hai?”. She played cameos in Star Plus’s “Kasauti Zindagi Kay” and &TV’s “Vikram Betaal Ki Rahasya Gatha”. In 2019’s April she was offered to enter Star Bharat’s “Pyaar Ke Papad”. She also played the lead role of Shivika in “Ek Ichadhari Ki Dastaan” on Dangal TV.
- Dilli Wali Thakur Gurls in 2015 as Chandralekha Thakur on &TV
- Naagin 2 from 2016-2017 as Gautami on Colors TV
- Sasural Simar Ka in 2018 as Avni Piyush Bharadwaj on Colors TV
- Kaun Hai in 2018 as Radhika on Colors TV
- Kasauti Zindagi Kay in 2018 as Kirti on Star Plus
- Vikram Betaal Ki Rahasya Gatha in 2019 as Ulupi on &TV
- Laal Ishq in 2019 as Varsha on &TV (episode 143)
- Ek Ichadhari Ki Dastaan in 2019 as Shivika on Dangal TV
- Shrimad Bhagwat Mahapuran in 2019 as Goddess Ganga on Colors TV
- Teri Medi Jodi in 2019 as Roop (Aditya Films Production)
Lesser known facts
- Monica made her debut in 2015 with Kulwinder Billa’s Punjabi music album “Time Table 2” and the Hindi serial “Dilli Wali Thakur Gurls”.
- She is known for her work in serial like “Naagin 2” and Punjabi music albums like “Hauli Hauli” by Big Dhillon, “Akhiyaan Bechain” by Nachhatar Gill, etc.
- Beauty pageants also add a sparkling impression on her portfolio. The actress and model won the title of “Miss Grand India 2014” at Indian Grand International which happened in Bangkok. She secured the Top 20 position there at National Costume competition.
- Her father runs an NGO called “Ek Lakshya Charitable Trust” in New Delhi. The actor is also associated with her father’s work and is a social worker.
- The actor and model have worked in a Hindi song with the contestant of India’s Raw Star “Sagar Bhatia”.