Kapil Sharma (born on 2nd April 1981) is a professional stand-up comedian, television and film actor. He is the producer and the host of The Kapil Sharma Show. The Kapil Sharma Show is one of the most popular shows in India. He was ranked 11th and 18th in Forbes India’s Celebrity 100 list. Kapil has also starred in a few Bollywood movies as the lead actor.
Kapil Sharma Biography
|Profession||Comedian, Actor, Producer, Singer|
|Debut||Film: Kisko Pyaar Karoon (2015)TV: Hansade Ravo (2006)|
|Height||5’6” or 1.7m or 170 cm|
|Weight||80 Kg or 176 lbs|
|Body Measurements||Chest: 40 Inches|
Waist: 34 Inches
Biceps: 12 Inches
|Date of Birth||2nd April, 1981 (40 years old in 2021)|
|Birthplace||Amritsar, Punjab, India|
|Hometown||Amritsar, Punjab, India|
|Residence||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Shri Ram Ashram Sen. Sec. School, Amritsar|
|College/University||Hindu College, Amritsar|
Apeejay College of Fine Arts, Jalandhar
|Father||Jeetendra Kumar Punj|
|Brother||Ashok Kumar Sharma|
|Marriage date||12th December 2018|
|Son||Name not known|
|Net Worth||₹2 Cr (approx.)|
Early life and Background
Kapil Sharma was born in Amritsar, Punjab, India in a Punjabi family to their father, Jeetendra Kumar Punj and his mother, Janak Rani. He follows Hinduism and holds an Indian Nationality. His father worked as a police constable in Punjab Police and his mother is a housewife. Kapil’s father was diagnosed with cancer and died after battling with it for seven years. Kapil has two siblings Ashok Kumar Sharma and Pooja Sharma. Talking about Kapil’s schooling, he completed it at Shri Ram Ashram school in Amritsar. After completing his schooling he joined Hindu College for his graduation. He was interested in fine arts so he joined Apeejay College of Fine Arts in Jalandhar to pursue that course.
Kapil Sharma married Ginni Chatrath on 12th December 2018. The couple dated for a while before tying the knot. Their relationship looks healthy and strong. The couple has two kids together. The first kid, Anayra Sharma was born a year after their marriage and the second kid was born on 21st Feb 2021.
|Actor||Deepika Padukone, Akshay Kumar|
Kapil started his career by doing small roles in some television shows. He rose to fame after he won the reality TV show named The Great Indian Laughter Challenge in the year 2007. He won a handsome amount after winning the show. He made his film debut portraying the role of Sunil Pal in the film Bhavnao Ko Samjho. He has also won popular comedy shows like Comedy Circus, etc. After winning various comedy show Kapil went on to create his own comedy show, Comedy Nights with Kapil. The show turned out to be a huge hit with a record-breaking number of viewers which turned him into a star. He started getting offers from Bollywood after his success. He made his Bollywood debut with the movie Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon in 2015 portraying the role of Kumar Shiv Ram Kishan. Kapil has also won many awards and hosted many events apart from acting and doing comedy shows.
- Hasde Hasande Ravo in 2006 as Contestant
- The Great Indian Laughter Challenge (season 3) in 2007
- Chhote Miyan in 2008
- Laughter Knights from 2008-2009 as a Contestant
- Ustaadon Ka Ustaad in 2009
- Hans Baliye in 2009
- Comedy Circus from 2010-2013
- Comedy Ka Daily Soap in 2010
- Star Ya Rockstar in 2011 as Contestant
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa (season 6) in 2013
- Comedy Nights with Kapil from 2013-2016
- Kaun Banega Crorepati in 2014
- The Anupam Kher Show in 2015
- 60th Filmfare Awards in 2015 as Host
- Farah Ki Daawat in 2015 as Guest
- Aap Ki Adalat in 2015 as Guest
- Dance India Dance in 2015
- Indian Idol Junior in 2015
- The Voice in 2015
- Aaj Ki Raat Hai Zindagi in 2015
- Star Guild Awards in 2015
- 22nd Star Screen Awards in 2016 as Host
- 61st Filmfare Awards in 2016
- The Kapil Sharma Show Season 1 from 2016 to 2017
- 62nd Filmfare Awards in 2017 as Host
- Koffee with Karan 5 in 2017
- Super Dancer Chapter 2 Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L’il Champs in 2017
- Oye Firangi in 2017
- Family Time With Kapil Sharma in 2018
- The Kapil Sharma Show Season 2 from 2018 to present
- The Honey Bunny Show with Kapil Sharma from 2020 to present
- Bhavnao Ko Samjho in 2010 as Sunil Pal
- ABCD 2 in 2015 as Himself
- Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon in 2015 as Kumar Shiv Ram Kishan
- Firangi in 2017 as Manga
- Son Of Manjeet Singh in 2018
- The Angry Birds Movie 2 in 2019 as the voice actor of Red (voice)
- It’s My Life in 2020
- Kapil got involved in a controversy with his former manager Preeti and Neeti after he filed an FIR against them for hurting his image in the media.
- In 2015, an FIR was filed against Kapil for destroying mangroves near his residence.
- He was also involved in a fight with Sunil Grover, who accused him of using foul language on a flight. Later Kapil apologized and said that he was drunk.
- Kapil was accused of misbehaving with his female co-stars in 2015.
- Ormax Media rated Kapil as the most popular Indian television personality in April 2016.
- He is a left-hander.
- It is rumoured that Kapil would have been launched in the Bollywood industry under the shadow of Yash Raj Films but because of some problem, the project was stopped.
- Kapil has been ranked in the Forbes list more than any Indian comedian has ever been.
- He arranged everything with his prize money for his sister’s wedding.
- He wanted to become a singer when he was a kid.