Dolly Sohi (born on 15th September 1975) is an Indian Television actress who hails from Amritsar, Punjab, India. She belongs to the Sikh community but is Indian in nationality. She is married to Avneet Dhanowa who is a software engineer by profession. She made her debut as Raano in the TV show Kalash. She is popular for her diverse roles across the Indian Television. She stayed abroad for 7 years after her marriage after which she decided that she would continue with her career in the Indian Television Industry.
Dolly Sohi Biography
|Debut||TV- Kalash (2001)|
|Height||5’4” or 1.63 m or 163 cm|
|Weight||55 kg or 121 lbs|
|Date of Birth||15th September, 1975|
|Birthplace||Amritsar, Punjab, India|
|Hometown||Amritsar, Punjab, India|
|Residence||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|College/University||MGM University of Health Sciences, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|Educational Qualifications||Engineering in Software|
|Father||Daljit Singh Sohi|
|Eye colour||Dark Brown|
|Marriage date||4th March, 2005|
|Net Worth||₹5 crore (approx.)|
|Hobbies||Painting, Travelling, Cooking|
Early life and Background
Dolly got married to Avneet Dhanowa on 4th March 2005. Avneet is a software engineer from Canada and an NRI. They have a daughter named Amelie Dhanowa. The actress returned from Canada after 7 years after her marriage. Though their marriage fell apart years ago, they haven’t filed for divorce yet because of their closeness with their daughter. Another reason for their separation could be their belonging to different cultural backgrounds. Dolly did not want to leave India and settle abroad. She is now focusing on her daughter and her career hoping that love will find its way.
|Actor||Kareena Kapoor, Sanjay Dutt|
|Singer||Kishore Kumar, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Ghulam Ali|
Dolly Sohi made her debut as Raano in Kalash in 2001. She rose to fame for the popular role of Bhabhi in the Indian television serial Bhabhi which aired on Zee TV in 2002. She continued to do the role till 2005 after which she got married to Avneet Dhanowa, an NRI from Canada. She also did a serial named “Sanskriti” in which her role was opposite to her role in Bhabhi. She was also done various TV shows like Devon Ke Dev Mahadev and Hitler Didi. Her most renown show is Khoob Ladi Mardani… Jhansi Ki Rani.
Recently, she is seen in the spinoff of “Yeh Hai Mohabbatein” – “Yeh hai Chahatein” as Sakshi Balraj Khurana.
- Kalash from 2001 to 2003 as Raano
- Kammal in 2002 as Manya Jajoo
- Bhabhi from 2003 to 2005 as Saroj Tilak Chopra/Amisha Vivek Seth
- Tujh Sang Preet Lagai Sajna from 2012 to 2013 as Geetanjali
- Hitler Did in 2013 as Noor Kabir Chaudhary
- Devon Ke Dev…. Mahadev in 2013 as Mahalasa’s Mother
- The Adventures of Hatim from 2013 to 2014 as Queen Shazia
- Mere Rang Mein Rangne Waali from 2014 to 2015 as Sadhana Govind Chaturvedi
- Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi from 2015 to 2016 as Rajeshwari
- Kalash from 2016 to 2017 as Jaanki Devi Raichand
- Ek Tha Raja Ek Thi Rani in 2017 as Sunanda Chauhan
- Peshwa Bajirao in 2017 as Ruhana Bai
- Aarambh in 2017 as Jaldev’s Mother
- Meri Durga from 207 to 2018 as Gayatri Neelkanth Ahlawat
- Kumkum Bhagya… SAAVAN MAHOTSAV in 2018 as Tina’s mother
- Khoob Ladi Mardani… Jhansi Ki Rani in 2019 as Rani Sakhu Bai
- Ye Hai Chahatein in 2020 as Sakshi Balraj Khurana
Lesser known Facts
- Dolly loves to do the painting in her free time.
- Her sister, Aman Sohi, is also a Television Actress.
- She loves to cook Punjabi food and is a vegetarian.
- Dolly has been living separately from her spouse for the past four years due to some issues in their marriage but they are not ready for divorce yet because of their little daughter.
- Her husband Avneet Dhanowa is a software engineer.
- She is widely known for her diverse roles for the Indian Television.
- She has had two miscarriages in the past.