Sakshi Dhoni (born on 19th November 1988) is a Philanthropist and the wife of famous cricketer, Mahendra Singh. She worked as an intern in Taj Bengal, Kolkata. She was the director of Rhiti MSD Alamode Pvt. Limited, a sports association in New Delhi. Sakshi runs the “Sakshi Rawat Foundation”, which supports orphans.
Table of Contents
Sakshi Dhoni Biography
|Sakshi Singh Rawat
|Philanthropist and entrepreneur
|Date of birth
|19th November, 1988 (33 years old as of 2021)
|Place of birth
|Guwahati, Assam, India
|Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India
|Kailashpati, Harmu Housing Colony, Ranchi, Jharkhand, India
|Welham Girl’s School, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India, and Jawahar Vidya Mandir, Ranchi, Jharkhand, India
|Institute of Hotel Management, Aurangabad, Maharashtra, India
|Graduate in Hotel Management
|158cm or 1.58m or 5’2”
|46kgs or 101lbs
|Mahendra Singh Dhoni
|Mahendra Singh Dhoni (cricketer)
|Narendra Singh Dhoni (Politician)
|Cooking and listening to music
Early Life and Background
Sakshi was born in Guwahati, Assam, India and raised in Uttarakhand and Jharkhand. Her hometown is Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India. Her father RK Singh was an employee of Mecon and her mother Sheila Singh is a homemaker. She has a sister named Abhilasha Bisht and a brother named Akshay Singh. Sakshi did her schooling at Welham Girl’s School, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India and Jawahar Vidya Mandir, Ranchi, Jharkhand, India. She got her degree in hotel management from the Institute of Hotel Management, Aurangabad, Maharashtra, India.
Love Story of Sakshi and Mahendra Singh Dhoni
Dhoni and Sakshi had known each other since the same time they shared at Jawahar Vidya Mandir, Ranchi, Jharkhand, India. Their father was an employee at the same company. However, they never had a conversation with each other during that time. They met for the second time while Sakshi Dhoni was interning at Kolkata. The Indian Cricket Team was staying at Taj Bengal, Kolkata, India for a match. It was then that Yudhajit Dutta, Dhoni’s manager introduced him to Sakshi. Coincidentally, it was the last day of her internship and she left. Dhoni later asked for her number from his manager and texted her. Sakshi had a hard time believing that it was really Mahendra Singh Dhoni texting her. They soon became friends and started dating in March 2008. On 3rd July 2010, the duo was engaged in a small ceremony. And finally, on 4th July 2010, the pair got married at Vishranti Resort, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India. Several celebrities such as Harbhajan Singh, Ashish Nehra, John Abraham and Farah Khan were part of the baraat. On 6th February, 2015 the couple welcomed their daughter Ziva Dhoni.
|Salman Kha, Shahrukh Khan, Ranveer Singh and John Abraham
|Sushmita Sen, Priyanka Chopra, Jessica Alba and Jennifer Lopez
|Tokyo Drift and P.S. I Love You
|The Beatles, A.R. Rahman, and Enrique Iglesias
Sakshi worked as an intern at Taj Bengal, Kolkata, India. She was the director of Rhiti MSD Alamode Private Limited which had stocks in a gym and fitness centre called “Sportsfit World”. Presently, she is a homemaker and a philanthropist. She runs an orphanage named, “Sakshi Rawat Foundation”.
- In 2018, She was trolled for wearing a Manish Malhotra lehenga at her best friend, Poorna Patel’s wedding. Many told the dress to be “inappropriate”.
- In 2016, Dennis Arora filed a case against Sakshi, Arun Pandey, Shubhawati Pandey, and Pratima Pandey for their alleged involvement in a multicore fraud regarding Rhiti MSD Alamode Private Limited. According to Arun, Sakshi had left her post of director and the company a year before that.
- In 2013, controversies rose around her about spot-fixing after she was seen sitting beside Vindoo Dara Singh during the IPL matches. She was remarked to be Vindoo’s accomplice in the scandal by many.
Lesser Known Facts
- Sakshi and Dhoni’s father worked at the same company named MECON. They even attended the same school- Jawahar Vidya Mandir during that time.
- She and Anushka Sharma studied at the same school.
- Poorna Patel, daughter of the politician and businessman Praful Patel is her best friend.
- Sakshi is an excellent cook and she carries her electric cooker wherever she goes.