Katrina Turquotte, also known as Katrina Kaif (born on 16th July 1984) is an English actress and model. She was born in Hong Kong to an Indian-Kashmiri father. She has earned a lot of recognition in the Hindi cinema and is now one of the highest-paid actresses in India. She has won several beauty contests, modeling assignments, and popular movies and TV shows. She joined the Bollywood industry in the year 2003 and did a tremendous job. She has fans all over India and abroad.
Table of Contents
Katrina Kaif Biography
|Profession||Model and actress|
|Height||5’8″ or 1.74 m or 174 cm|
|Weight||55 kg or 121 lbs|
|Date of Birth||16 July 1983 (37 years as of 2020)|
|College/University||Left college in between to pursue her career|
|Debut||Film: Film Debut: Boom (2003)|
|Sisters||Stephanie, Christine, Natasha, Melissa, Sonia and Isabel|
|Marital status||Stephanie, Christine, Natasha, Melissa, Sonia, and Isabel|
|Net Worth||$6 million (approx.)|
|Hobbies||Sports, Traveling, Dancing|
Early Life and Background
Katrina Kaif was born in Hong Kong. Her father is Mohammed Kaif, he is a British businessman of Kashmiri descent. Her mother’s name is Suzanne Turquotte, she is a Harvard Graduate, English Teacher, and Lawyer. Katrina practices both Islam and Christianity. She has seven sisters and one brother. Her family moved to different countries like China, Japan, France, Switzerland, Poland, Belgium, and many other European countries after her birth. After that, they even went to Belgium and then to Hawaii. Her family settled in the home country of her mother, which is, England when she turned 14. They lived there for over three years. Since her family moved continuously, Katrina was homeschooled by her mother. At the age of 17, she quit college and decided to move to India for a modeling assignment.
Katrina’s personal life has always been a subject of extensive media attention. She isn’t very open to discussing her romantic life. In 2003, rumors of her alleged relationship with the famous actor Salman Khan spread. But she never confirmed her relationship and it was finally in 2010 after their breakup that she decided to open up. She said that it was her first serious relationship. Later, Katrina became close to the actor Ranbir Kapoor but they both denied being committed. In 2013, the photographs of the actress with Ranbir were leaked by Stardust, confirming their relationship. In 2016, they decided to break up. Katrina is currently single and focused on her work.
|Actor||Johnny Depp and Robert Pattinson|
|Actress||London, Italy, Spain, Dubai, and Havana|
|Movies||Casablanca, Gone with the Wind|
|Musician/bands||Radiohead, Muse, Coldplay|
|Books||All books by Sidney Sheldon|
|Destination||London, Italy, Spain, Dubai and Havana|
Katrina started her career when she was 14 after she won a beauty contest in Hawaii. She got a modeling assignment soon after winning the contest. She appeared regularly at London Fashion Week and modeled professionally in London for various freelance agencies. Katrina attracted the attention of London-based filmmaker Kaizad Gustad at a fashion show who selected her for a role in the English-Hindi erotic heist film Boom in 2003. She appeared in the first Kingfisher Calendar in the same year. After getting popular in India, she started endorsing brands like Coca-Cola, LG, fevicol, Samsung, etc. Kaif appeared in the Telugu film called Malliswari in 2004. Despite negative reviews, the movie was a profitable venture. From 2005 till the present, the actress has done plenty of movies, some of which became extremely popular and others which got a lot of criticism. Some of the famous movies are Sarkar, Maine Pyar Kyun Kiya, Allari Pidugu, Humko Deewana Kar Gaye, Namastey London, Apne, Welcome, etc.
- Boom in 2003 as Rina Kaif
- Malliswari in 2004 as Malliswari
- Sarkar in 2005 as Pooja
- Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya? in 2005 as Sonia
- Allari Pidugu in 2005 as Swati
- Humko Deewana Kar Gaye in 2006 as Jia S.Yashvardhan
- Balram vs. Tharadas in 2006 as Supriya Menon
- Namastey London in 2007 as Jasmeet “Jazz” Malhotra Singh
- Apne in 2007 as Nandini
- Partner in 2007 as Priya Jaisingh
- Welcome in 2006 as Sanjana Shankar Shetty
- Race in 2008 Sophia Singh
- Singh Is King in 2008 as Sonia Singh
- Hello in 2008 as Storyteller
- Yuvvraaj in 2008 as Anushka Banton
- New York in 2009 as Maya Shaikh
- Blue in 2009 as Nikita “Nikki” Malhotra
- Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani in 2009 as Jennifer “Jenny” Pinto
- De Dana Dan in 2009 as Anjali Kakkad
- Raajneeti in 2010 as Indu Pratap
- Tees Maar Khan in 2010 as Anya Khan
- Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara in 2011 as Laila
- Bodyguard in 2011 as Herself
- Mere Brother Ki Dulhan in 2011 as Dimple Dixit
- Agneepath in 2012 as Chikni Chameli
- Ek Tha Tiger in 2012 as Zoya “Zee” Humaini
- Jab Tak Hai Jaan in 2012 as Meera Thapar
- Main Krishna Hoon in 2013 as Herself
- Bombay Talkies in 2013 as Herself
- Dhoom 3 in 2013 as Aaliya
- Bang Bang! in 2014 as Harleen Sahni
- Phantom in 2015 as Nawaz Mistry
- Fitoor in 2016 as Firdaus Jaan Naqvi
- Baar Baar Dekho in 2016 as Diya Kapoor/Diya Verma/Diya Khanna
- Jagga Jasoos in 2017 as Shruti Sengupta
- Tiger Zinda Hai in 2017 as Zoya Singh Rathore
- Welcome to New York in 2018 as Katrina Kaif
- Thugs of Hindustan in 2018 as Suraiyya Jaan
- Zero in 2018 as Babita Kumari
- Bharat in 2019 as Bumud Raina
- Angrezi Medium in 2020 as Herself
- Katrina is still a British citizen and works in India on an employment visa.
- She is afraid of darkness and of living alone.
- Kabir Khan is her best friend from the Bollywood film industry.
- Katrina is the first Bollywood actress who has been crafted as a Barbie doll.
- She is superstitious and hence visits various religious places before the release date of her upcoming movies.
- She was the most Googled Indian celebrity in 2008, 2009, and in 2010.