Gouri Kishan is an Indian actress who has acted in Tamil, Malayalam, and Telugu-language films. She is known for playing the role of ‘jaanu’ (younger version of jaanu) in the film 96 (2018).
Table of Contents
Gouri Kishan Biography
|Date of Birth||17th August 1999 (22 years old)|
|Place of birth||Adoor, Kerala, India|
|Hometown||Adoor, Kerala, India|
|Residence||Adoor, Kerala, India|
|School||The Hindu Senior Secondary School, Chennai, India|
|College/University||Christ University, Bangalore, India|
|Educational Qualifications||Triple major in Psychology, Journalism & English|
|Height||5’5″ or 1.65m or 165cm|
|Brother||Govind G Kishan|
|Net worth||$1million USD|
|Hobbies||Dancing & traveling|
Early Life and Background
She was born in Adoor, Pathanamthitta, Kerala to a Tamil-speaking family. She spent much of her life in Chennai and is fluent in the language. She completed a bachelor’s degree in journalism, psychology, and English from Christ University Bengaluru as a triple major in 2020.
Gouri Kishan is focused on her career, and she currently does not have a significant other. We will update you when more details are revealed about her dating life.
Gouri G. Kishan, the niece of a Dubai-based casting director, was selected to play the younger version of Trisha’s character in the Tamil-language film ’96 (2018) after her uncle submitted an audition video of her to the director. Gouri, a high school student at the time, was called for an audition for the film. Her performance in the film received positive reviews and led to other film offers. She made her debut in Malayalam cinema with Margamkali (2019). She was set to make her debut in the film Anugraheethan Antony, but the production of this movie was delayed and she ended up releasing a different film first. In 2019, she starred in a short film titled Hi Hello Kadhal along with her friend Sarjano Khalid.
She reprised her role as Jaanu in the Telugu remake of 96 (2021), which marked her Telugu debut. Her performance in the film was praised by critics. Sangeetha Devi Dundoo of The Hindu remarked that “Gouri G Kishan as the teenage Samantha is brilliant”. She played a college student in her Master’s (2021). Gouri also starred in Karnan with Dhanush, which is directed by Mari Selvaraj. She will play one of the three heroines along with Rajisha Vijayan and Lakshmi Priyaa Chandramouli.
- ’96 in 2018 as Young Janaki
- Margamkali in 2019 as Jessy
- Jaanu in 2020 as Young Janaki
- Master in 2021 as Savitha
- Karnan in 2021 as Pozhilal
- Anugraheethan Antony in 2021 as Sanjana Madhavan
- Puthaam Pudhu Kalaai in 2022 as Kuyili
- Sridevi Shoban Babu
- Hi Hello Kadhal in 2019 as Sruthi Das
- Maraiyadha Kanneer Illai in 2020
- Magizhini in 2021 as Herself
- Mozhigal Njan Varikal Nee in 2022
Lesser Known Facts
- Gouri was born and raised in Pathanamthitta, Kerala.
- She grew up in a Hindu family.
- Gouri is now trying her hand at screenwriting.
- The actor is known to be quite active on social media, especially Instagram. She has over 1.1 million followers on the platform.