Zoya Hussain ( born on 1st October 1990) is an Indian actress, writer and director from New Delhi who primarily appears in Bollywood/Hindi films. She came into the limelight after her portrayal of the role of “Sunaina Mishra” in the movie Mukkabaaz in 2017.
In 2011, she was crowned as the Miss Beautiful Skin in Delhi Beauty Pageant. She made her debut in the Telegu film industry with the film name called Sharmila.
Table of Contents
Zoya Hussain Actress, Age, Biography, Wiki
|Actor, writer and director
|168cm or 1.68m or 5’6”
|55kgs or 121lbs
|Bollywood/Hindi: Mukkabaaz in 2017, Telegu: Sharmila
|Date of Birth
|1st October 1990 (Monday)
|29 years (as of 2020)
|A boarding school in Delhi
|Jai Hind College, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
|Graduation in Business Studies
|Name not known ( a businessman and owns an adventure tourism business)
|Name not known (Child Psychologist)
|Name not known (writer)
|Reading, writing and traveling
Early life and Background
Zoya Hussain belongs to a Muslim family belonging to the Pashtun ancestry in Delhi. Her father owns an adventure tourism business and her mother is a child psychologist. She has a sister who works as a writer for an online media agency. She is a self-proclaimed Islamophobic.
She is the niece of former Delhi Cabinet Minister, Haroon Yusuf. She did her schooling from a boarding school in Delhi and then did her graduation in business studies from Jai Hind College in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
She liked to play badminton and basketball and has played at the state level during her school years.
|Tandoori chicken and chicken biryani
|Amitabh Bachchan and Shahrukh Khan
Right from her college days, Zoya Hussain started taking part in beauty pageants and in 2011 she was crowned as Miss Beautiful Skin in Delhi Beauty Pageant. After that, she moved to Mumbai to pursue her career in modelling.
She did several commercials and print media for brands such as BlackBerry phones, Airtel, Bank of India, L’Oréal, Flying Machine, Fanta and Reebok. She also did a Balaji Telefilms show called Bairi Pia.
She was also seen in Jai Maa Vidhyavasini and Love Dosti Dua. She did a short film called Machhar Daani for which she gathered a lot of appreciation. She made her Telegu debut with the film Sharmila.
In 2017 she made her Bollywood debut with the role of Sunaina Mishra in the film Mukkabaaz along with actors Vikram Kumar Singh, Jimmy Shergill and Ravi Kishan. The film was a huge success and grossed Rs. 10.51 crores (the US $1.5 million) at the box office.
She has also done films like Teen Aur Aadha in 2018, Laal Kaptaan in 2019 and Haathi Mere Saathi in 2019.
- Bairi Pia by Balaji Teledilms
- Jai Maa Vidhyavasini
- Love Dosti Dua
- Machhar Daani
- Sharmila (Telegu)
- Mukkabaaz in 2017 (Bollywood/Hindi)
- Teen Aur Aadha in 2017 (Bollywood/Hindi)
- Namdev Bhau – In Search of Silence in 2018 (Bollywood/Hindi)
- Laal Kaptaan and Haathi Mere Saathi in 2019 (Bollywood/Hindi)
- Kadaan in 2020 (Trilingual film- Hindi, Tamil and Telegu)
- Zoya Hussain was born into a Muslim middle-class family belonging to Pashtun ancestry in Delhi, India.
- She had a knack for acting since childhood and was also good at sports and musical instruments.
- While in college she was very much active in the theatre. After her graduation, she did commercial theatre for a while and then moved to Mumbai to pursue a career in acting and modelling.
- The actor made her debut with the well-appreciated role of Sunaina Mishra in Mukkabaaz.
- Zoya is a self-proclaimed Islamophobic.
- She learnt sign language for her role on her debut film which came across while the shooting. She was trained in sign language by a tutor called Sangeeta who helped her learn it very fast.
- Before getting the film Mukkabaaz she approached Anurag Kashyap to get his feedback on a script she had written but he found it dull and bland.
- Zoya is an animal lover and has three pet dogs.