Vijay Deverakonda also is known as Vijay Deverakonda ( born on 9th May 1989) is an Indian film actor who is mainly known for his work in Tollywood. Along with being an actor, he is also a film producer and a businessman. He was born in Achampet, Telangana, India.
He was born to Govardhan Rao and Madhavi Deverakonda. He has a younger brother named Anand. He debuted in 2011 with a romantic comedy called Nuvvila but gained recognition later after playing the role of the supporting actor in the new age drama called ‘Yevade Subramanyam’ which was released in 2015.
Table of Contents
Vijay Deverakonda Age, Biography, Career
|Vijay Sai Deverakonda
|Actor, producer, businessman
|6’0″ or 1.82m or 182 cm
|70 kg or 154lbs
|Chest- 42 inches, Biceps- 16 inches, Waist- 32 inches
|Date of Birth
|9 May, 1989(31 years old in 2020)
|Achampet, Telangana, India
|Achampet, Telangana, India
|Sri Sathya Sai Higher Secondary School, Puttaparthi, Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh
|Little Flower Junior college, Badruka college
|Bachelor of Commerce
Early life and background
Vijay Deverakonda was born in Achampet which is in the district of Nagarkurnool. His father’s name is Govardhana Rao and he’s a television director and his mother’s name is Madhavi Deverakonda, she is a proprietor of ‘Speak Easy’ in Hyderabad. He has a younger brother named Anand who works in ‘Deloitte’ in the USA.
Vijay spent most of his childhood living away from his family. He studied in a school called Sathya Sai Higher School which is in Andhra Pradesh. He credits his schools peaceful environment for polishing his acting skills.
After completing his schooling, he went back to Hyderabad for college. He got enrolled in Little Flower Junior College and after that, he joined Badruka College of Commerce.
Vijay Deverakonda has a very mysterious personal life and it looks like he loves keeping it a secret. However, the actor was always considered romantically involved with his co-star Rashmika Mandanna.
In 2018, he posted some intimate pictures with a girl from Belgium called Virginie. She was seen in a popular TV show and also appeared in a scene in Pelli Choopulu. In the pictures that did rounds on social media, it was revealed that the girl was not only close to the actor but also to his family.
But in the end, after a lot of investigation, she turned out to be a rumoured girlfriend. The actor has revealed that he’s single as of now.
|Pawan Kalyan, Mahesh Babu
|Hyderabadi Dum Biryani
Vijay Deverakonda made his debut in 2011 in Ravi Babu’s romantic comedy ‘Nuvvila’ in which he played the role of a famous cricketer. He then played a small cameo role in a film by Shekhar Kammula called Life is Beautiful. Both these films couldn’t get Vijay enough recognition even after being decent enough.
He was later introduced to an assistant director named Nag Ashwin, who after some time cast him to play the role the supporting actor in a movie called Yevade Subramanyam which was released in 2015. The daughter of Ashwini Dutt(a producer in Telugu film industry) called Swapna Dutt signed him into her company.
The film became successful and Deverakonda was finally recognized for his hard work, acting skills, passion and energy. The actor being so handsome and hard-working, won the hearts of the people. He kept getting immense fame afterwards and is now an inspiration to many.
- Nuvvila in 2011 as Vishnu
- Life is beautiful in 2012 as Ajay
- Yevade Subramanyam in 2015 as Rishi
- Pelli Choopulu in 2016 as Prasanth
- Dwarka in 2017 as Erra Srinu
- Arjun Reddy in 2017 as Dr Arjun Reddy Deshmukh
- Ye Mantram Vesave in 2017 as Nikhil
- Mahanati in 2017 as Vijay Anthony
- Geetha Govindam in 2018 as Vijay Govind
- NOTA in 2018 as Varun Subramanyam
- Ee Nagaraniki in 2018 as Vijay
- Taxiwala in 2018 as Shiva
- Dear Comrade in 2018 as Comrade Chaitanya Krishnan
- Meeku Maathrame Cheptha in 2019 as Vijay Kumar
- World Famous Lover in 2020 as Gautham
- Heroin 2020(shelved)
- Fighter in 2020(still filming)
Lesser known facts
- Vijay Deverakonda has won a total of 8 film awards.
- His family used to call him Rowdy whenever he did things that were unapproved by his parents.
- He has founded ‘The Deverakonda Foundation’ which is a non-profit organization.
- He donated ₹500,000 to Kerela Relief Fund.
- He has made a donation to the families of the martyrs of Pulwama attack.
- Vijay has even donated a lot to combat COVID 19.
- He is the owner of a film production company called King of the Hill Entertainment.