Sharmin Segal is an Indian assistant director and actor. She made her acting debut with the film Malaal in 2019 opposite Meezaan Jafri. She has also directed films such as Mary Kom and bajirao Mastani as an assistant director. She is the niece of famous Indian director Sanjay Leela Bhansali. Veteran film director Mohan Segal is her paternal grandfather. She is also known to have lost weight as she previously was 90kgs.
Table of Contents
Sharmin Segal Actress, Age, Biography, Movies
|Assistant director and actor
|165cm or 1.65m or 5’5”
|55kgs or 121lbs
|Black ( Dyed Brown)
|Date of Birth
|1995 (Date and month not known)
|24-25 years as of 2020
|Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
|Lee Strasberg Theater and Film Institute, Los Angeles, New York
|Baking and photography
|Bela Segal (Film editor)
|Mohan Segal (Film director)
|Sanjay Leela Bhansali
Early life and Background
Sharmin Segal was born in Mumbai, Maharashtra to parents Bela Segal and Deepak Segal. Her mother is a film editor and has edited movies like Devdas, Black and several movies of Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s. Her uncle is the famous film director Sanjay Leela Bhansali. She has a younger sister, Simran Segal.
Veteran film director Mohan Segal is her grandfather. She wanted to become a doctor but took Theater in 11th standard that made her take interest in acting. She studied in the Lee Strasberg Theater and Film Institute. Her uncle advised her to focus on acting and nothing else. She also weighed 90kgs but her love to act made her take up a healthy routine and lose all the weight.
|Cupcakes, Pork Buns, Cinnamon Roll Sugar Cookies and Macarons
|Priyanka Chopra and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
|Suits and One Tree Hill
|Sanjay Leela Bhansali
|Red and orange
Initially, Segal wanted to be a doctor but took Theater in 11th standard. She always had an interest in acting and used to go to sets as a child with her uncle. She went to study acting at Lee Strasberg Theater and Film Institute.
After that came back and worked as an assistant director with Sanjay Leela Bhansali for Mary Kom and Bajirao Mastani. Later she lost a lot of weight prior to entering the glamorous world of acting. She made her acting debut with Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s film Malaal in 2019. She starred opposite Javed Jafri’s son Meezan Jafri.
Movies as an assistant director
- Mary Kom
- Bajirao Mastani
Movies as an actress
- Malaal in 2019
- Sharmin is the elder daughter of Bela Segal who is the sister of Sanjay Leela Bhansali and a famous film editor.
- Her grandfather is the popular director Mohan Segal who discovered Rekha and introduced her with the hit film Sawan Bhadon.
- Sharmin is a dog lover and pets them wherever she finds them.
- The actor aspired to be a doctor initially but ended up taking Theater in 11th standard.
- She once shared this funny incident when she went to his uncle’s film set of Devdas and cried and begged to sit on Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s lap.
- She has worked as an assistant director with Sanjay Leela Bhansali for Mary Kom and Bajirao Mastani.
- She lost a lot of weight before entering the industry as an actress as she weights 90kgs.
- The actor is often considered to be a combination of Preity Zinta and Divya Bharti.
- She is good friends with Sridevi’s daughter actress Jhanvi Kapoor.
- Her Bollywood debut was marked with the film Malaal opposite Javed Jafri’s son Meezan Jafri in 2019.