Rubina Dilaik (born on 26th August 1987) is an Indian Television actress and model. She is best known for playing Radhika Shastri in Chotti Bahu and Soumya Singh in Shakti – Astitva Ke Ehsaas Ki. Rubina won the Miss North India Pageant in 2008 at Chandigarh.
Rubina Dilaik Biography
|Debut||TV- Choti Bahu- Sindoor Bin Suhagan (2008)|
|Height||5’1” or 1.55m or 155 cm|
|Weight||46 kg or 101 lbs|
|Date of Birth||26th August, 1987 (33 years old in 2020)|
|Birthplace||Shimla, Himachal Pradesh|
|Hometown||Shimla, Himachal Pradesh|
|School||St Bede’s College, ShimlaShimla Public School, Shimla|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Marriage date||21st June, 2018|
|Net Worth||₹1 crore (approx.)|
Early life and Background
Rubina Dilaik was born to a Hindu family in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh. She pursued her early studies from Shimla Public School as well as St. Bede’s College in Shimla. Her father, Gopal Dilaik, is a writer by profession and has written various books in Hindi. Her mother, Shakuntala Dilaik, is a housemaker. She has two sisters, Naina and Rohini. Rubina was a beauty pageant contender in her young days and she was also a national level champion in debate writing during her school days.
Rubina was dating her Chotti Bahu co-star Avinash Sachdev before he was found cheating on her with another television actress. Rubina married her longtime TV actor boyfriend Abhinav Shukla in 2018.
|Actor||Amitabh Bachchan, Madhuri Dixit|
|Film||Titanic, Hum Aapke Hain Kaun|
Rubina Dilaik started her career by acting in Zee TV’s Chotti Bahu after she got selected in the audition held in Chandigarh for the same. She played the role of Radhika Shastri opposite Avinash Sachdev in Chotti Bahu and reprising the role in its sequel. She has also played the role of Simran Gill in Sony TV’s Saas Bina Sasural and Divya Jakhotia in Zee TV’s Punar Vivah-Ek Nayi Umeed. Her most famous role was a transgender woman Soumya Singh in Colors TV’s Shakti – Astitva Ke Ehsaas Ki opposite Vivian Dsena. Rubina participated in the reality TV show Bigg Boss 14 in 2030 alongside Pavitra Punia and her husband Abhinav Shukla.
- Bareilly Ki Beti: The Youngest Survivor in 2020 as protagonist
- Chotti Bahu from 2008 to 2010 as Radhika Shastri/Imarti
- Banno Main Teri Dulhan in 2008 as Guest
- Kasamh Se in 2008
- Saat Phere: Saloni Ka Safar in 2009
- Pavitra Rishta in 2010
- Nachle Ve with Saroj Khan in 2010 as Contestant
- Chotti Bahu 2 from 2011 to 2012 as Radhika/Ruby Bhardwaj
- Saas Bina Sasural in 2012 as Simran/Smiley Gill
- Sapne Suhane Ladakpan Ke in 2013 as Herself/Guest
- Punar Vivah- Ek Nayi Umeed as Divya Jakhotia
- Devon Ke Dev… Mahadev from 2013 to 2014 as Sita
- Jeannie Aur Juju as Jeannie
- Bix Cricket League 1 from 2014 to 2015 as a contestant
- Shakti – Astitva Ke Ehsaas Ki from 2016 to 2020 as Soumya Singh
- Bigg Boss 10 in 2016 as Guest
- Sasural Simar Ka in 2017
- Savitri Devi College & Hospital
- Bigg Boss 11
- Entertainment Ki Raat
- Tu Aashiqui in 2018
- Ishq Mein Marjawan
- Bigg Boss 12
- Khatra Khatra Khatra in 2019 as Guest/Recurring
- Bigg Boss 13 in 2019 as Guest (as Soumya)
- Bigg Boss 14 in 2020 as Contestant
There were reports of Rubina tying the knot and being madly in love with her Chotti Bahu co-star Avinash Sachdev. The two stars later rubbished all reports suggesting the same. Soon, rumours spread about Avinash dating another actress from the Indian television industry. Avinash was reportedly found cheating on Rubina.
Lesser known Facts
- Rubina won the title for Miss Shimla in 2006. She also won Miss North India Pageant in 2008.
- She was ranked among the Top 50 Sexiest Asian Women by a British newspaper called Eastern Eye.
- She is also good at interior designing.
- Rubina has a strange habit of putting a lip balm every 15-20 minutes.
- She won the Dad Saheb Phalke Film Foundation Best Actress Award in 2015.
- She was preparing to become an IAS officer from her school days.