Rahul Vaidya (born on 23rd September 1987) is an Indian Singer who got famous after appearing in the singing reality show Indian Idol 1. He was the second runner-up in the show. He released his debut album named Tera Intezaar in 2005 which was composed by Sajid-Wajid. Rahul won the Star Plus’s reality show Jo Jeeta Wohi Superstar in 2008. He is now appearing in the show Bigg Boss 14 alongside Rubina Dilaik, Nishant Singh Malkani and, Pavitra Punia.
Rahul Vaidya Biography
|Debut||TV- Indian Idol Season 1 (2004-2005)Album – Tera Intezaar (2005)|
|Height||5’8” or 1.73m or 173cm|
|Weight||77 kg or 171 lbs|
|Body Measurements||Chest: 38 inchesWaist: 31 inchesBiceps: 11 Inches|
|Date of Birth||23rd September, 1987 (33 years old in 2020)|
|Birthplace||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|School||Hansraj Morarji Public School, Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|College/University||Mithibai College, Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|Net Worth||₹50 crore (approx.)|
|Hobbies||Playing Cricket, Reading|
Early life and Background
Rahul Vaidya was born in Kolkata, West Bengal but shifted to Mumbai where he grew up. His father, Krushna Vaidya, is an engineer with the Maharashtra State Electricity Board and his mother, Getta Vaidya, is a homemaker. He also has a sister named Natasha Vaidya. Rahul used to participate in various child talent competitions. He studied in Hansraj Morarji Public School and received graduation from Mithibai College in Mumbai. He studied music under the guidance of Himanshu Manocha since he was little. He was in his second year of college when he participated in Indian Idol 1. Rahul also participated in “Aao Jhoomein Gaayein” in his teenage years.
Rahul is currently single and is looking to achieve the best he can in his music career. He wants to do better for his family and career and thus, has no time to give to a significant other. His fans have been waiting eagerly for some news about the singer’s love life. After he entered the Big Boss house he was taken as a very flirty character who is presumed to be single. Then in the fifth week as a shock to the audience and housemates, he proposed for marriage on National Television to a long time rumoured girlfriend Disha Parmar who is an actress in the Indian Television.
|Actor||Amitabh Bachchan, Salman Khan|
|Singer||Sonu Nigam, Sajid Wajid|
|Song||Abhi Na Jao Chodkar Ke Dil Abhi Bhara Nahi|
Rahul finished third in the first season of Indian Idol in 2005. He faced his defeat in the penultimate round. His first album Tera Intezaar came eight months after this in 2005. It was composed by the legendary duo Sajid-Wajid. She sang “God Promise Dil Dola” with Shreya Ghoshal and “Hello Madam, I am your Adam” alongside fellow Indian idol runner-up Prajakta Shukre in the subsequent years. He also sang the title song of the Sony Entertainment Television serial Ek Ladki Anjaan Si. He anchored shows like Jhoom India and Aaja Mahi Vay. Rahul gave his voice for songs in movies like Shaadi No. 1, Jigyasa, Krazzy 4 and Hot Money. He won the reality singing show Jo Jeeta Wohi Superstar which aired on Star Plus in 2007. He is now participating in Bigg Boss Season 14.
- Indian Idol 1 from 2004 to 2005 as contestant
- Jo Jeeta Wohi Super Star in 2008 as Winner
- Aaja Mahi Vay as host
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 7 in 2014 as contestant
- Bigg Boss 14 in 2020 as contestant
- Hello Madam (Shaadi No. 1)
- God Promise Dil (Shaadi No. 1)
- Aabhas ha (Marathi) Film (Yanda Kartavya aahe)
- Sanse meri sase (Jigyasa)
- Qubool Kar Le (Jaan-E-Mann)
- Ek Rupaiya (Krazy 4)
- Chunar Chunar (Kisse Pyaar Karoon)
- Be Intehaan (Unplugged version) (Race 2)
- Avakhalase Sparsh Te (Jay Maharashtra Dhaba, Bathinda)
- “It’s All About Tonight” (Ishq in Paris)
- “What The ‘FARK’ “(Amit Sahni Ki List)
- “Fan” ft. Badshah
- “Baaton Ko Teri Unplugged” (All Is Well (film))
- “Meri Zindagi” (Bhaag Johnny)
- “Dilbar Mere (The Unwind Mix)” (Bollywood Unwind 2)
- “Do Chaar Din Single ft. Karan Kundra & Ruhi Singh
- “Simple Dress (Single) Rahul Vaidya & Chetna Pande
- “Dil Lena Khel Hai Dildar Ka (Bollywood Unwind 4)
- “Maine Puchha Chand Se (The Unwind Mix)
- Yaad Teri
- Keh do na
- Jayaz hai
- Tera Intezaar in 2005
- Fan (single) in 2014
- Vande Mataram in 2014
- Do Chaar Din (Single) in 2016
- Keh Do Na (Single) in 2018
- Aafno mann
Bigg Boss came in the limelight lately when Rahul Vaidya nominated the veteran singer Kumar Sanu’s son Jaan Kumar Sanu because of nepotism. Rahul accused Jaan of using Kumar Sanu’s name to enter the reality show. He also claimed that he hates nepotism and will always stand against it. Rahul claimed that all the contestants came to the show of their own accord but Jaan was biasedly chosen because of his father. Fans of both parties have taken to social media to show their support for their favourite singer.
He again made up to the headlines when he proposed to his girlfriend Disha Parmar on National Televisions. Many people said that they were already engaged and it was PR stunt. But Disha set aside all rumours by tweeting “Stop spreading fake news, please”.
Lesser known facts
- Rahul won the singing reality show called Music Ka Maha Muqqabla in 2010. He shared the stage with the popular singer Shankar Mahadevan while he was in the show.
- He has hosted famous shows like Jhoom India from 2007 to 2008 and Aaja Mahi Ve in 2008.
- His first album came out in 2005 which was named Tera Intezaar.
- Rahul won the reality show Jo Jeeta Wahi Super Star in 2008.
- He learned from the famous playback singers Padma Wadkar and Suresh Wadkar.
- He has given his voice to various films and TV commercials.