Priya Vasudev Mani Iyer (born on 4th June 1984) is an Indian film actress and former model who primarily works in Tamil, Telegu, Kannada, Malayalam and Hindi language films. She has received the National Film Award for Best Actress and three Filmfare Awards in films of different languages.
Table of Contents
Priyamani Actress, Age, Biography, Movies, Career, Family
|Priya Vasudev Mani Iyer
|168cm or 1.68m or 5’6”
|Film: Evare Atagaadu in 2003, Television: D 4 Dance in 2014 as a judge
|Date of birth
|4th June 1984 (35 years as of 2020)
|Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
|Sri Aurobindo Memorial School, Bengaluru
|Bishop Cotton Women’s Christian Law College, Bengaluru
|BA in Psychology
|listening to music and dancing
|Prithviraj(actor, rumoured), Jagapthi Babu (actor, rumoured) and Mustafa Raj(owner of event management company)
|27th May 2016
|23rd August 2017
|Vasudeva Mani Iyer (Entrepreneur)
|Lathamani Iyer (former national level badminton player and former bank manager of Union Bank of India)
Early life and Background
Priyamani was born in Bangalore to parents Vasudev Mani and Lathamani. Her father is from Pallakad and owns a plantation business. Her mother is former national level badminton player Lathamani who hails from Thiruvananthapuram, was a bank manager at Union Bank Of India. The actor has an elder brother, Vishakh who is in the plantation business with their father. Priyamani is the granddaughter of Carnatic vocalist, Kamala Kailas.
She is also the cousin of film actress Vidya Balan and niece of playback singer, Malgudi Shubha. She did her schooling from Sri Aurobindo Memorial School and attended Bishop Cotton Women’s Christian College in JC Road. After completing her school education she opted for a career in modelling and print advertising. Priyamani pursued a degree in Bachelor’s of arts in psychology through Correspondence. She modelled for Kancheepuram silks, Erode silks and Lakshmi silks during her school years. While she was in 12th standard she was introduced to the film industry by Tamil director, Bharathiraja.
Priyamani can speak a number of languages including- Kannada, Malayalam, Tamil, Telegu, English and Hindi. She is married to event organizer Mustafa Raj. They married in a private ceremony on 23rd August 2017.
- Food – Chicken Biryani
- Dessert – Ice cream and chocolates
- Actor – Kamal Hassan
- Actress – Sridevi
- Director – Mani Ratnam
- Sport – Cricket
Before pursuing a career in films the actor did modelling for a year. She made her film debut in the year 2002 with the Telegu film Evare Atagaadu (2003), which turned out to be a box office flop. After that, she did several successful films like Tamil drama Paruthiveeran in 2007 that helped her gain popularity and appreciation, fantasy action Yamadonga(2007), Malayalam romance Thirakkatha (2008) and Kannada film Raam(2009).
The actor made her Hindi film debut with the bilingual film titled Raavan and Raavanan. In 2012, she the horror movie Chaarulatha, based on the Thai film Alone. She garnered further success with the films Idolle Ramayana (2016)/Mana Oori Ramayanam(2016). Currently, she is active in South Indian shows on Television and has judged a number of dance reality shows.
In 2014, she participated in a PETA ad campaign asking the people to boycott zoos that feature caged tigers. Her role in the web series The Family Man, as the smart and accomplished wife of a super spy, has made her a famous name in every household.
- The actress is the granddaughter of famous Carnatic Vocalist, Kamala Kailas.
- Mani started her career as a model.
- Her full name is Priya Vasudev Mani Iyer.
- After passing her 12th exams she was introduced to the film industry by Tamil director, Bharathiraja.
- Her first film Evare Atagaadu was a box office flop.
- She has played a small role in the film Ullam.
- Priya has modelled for brands like Kancheepuram silks, Erode silks and Lakshmi silks.
- She has appeared in the famous song 1..2..3..4 Get on the dance floor with Bollywood actor Shahrukh Khan in the film Chennai Express in 2013.
- She is the second cousin of Vidya Balan.
- The actor met husband Mustafa Raj during Celerity Cricket League of which she was the brand ambassador at that time.
- She loves animals and has collaborated with PETA.
- The star has appeared on a number of magazine covers including Wedding Life Magazine, Just for Women Magazines, FWD Magazine and Grihalakshmi Magazine.
- Priyamani has judged a number of dance reality shows.
- In 2019, she starred in an Amazon Original series, The Family Man.