Munmun Dutta (born on 28th September 1987) is an Indian actress and model. She is best known for playing the role of “Babita Iyer” in Sab TV’s popular Hindi sitcom “Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah”.
Table of Contents
Munmun Dutta Biography
|Profession||Actress and model|
|Debut||Television: Hum Sab Baraati (2004), Film: Mumbai Xpress (2005)|
|Date of birth||28th September 1987 (34 years old as of 2021)|
|Place of birth||Durgapur, West Bengal, India|
|Hometown||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Residence||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Oxford Model Senior Secondary School, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|College/University||University of Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Educational Qualifications||MA in English|
|Height||165cm or 1.65m or 5’5”|
|Weight||55kgs or 121lbs|
|Father||Name not known (singer)|
|Mother||Name not known|
|Affair||Raj Anadkat (actor, rumored)|
|Net worth||$4 million|
|Hobbies||Singing, dancing, and traveling|
Early Life and Background
Munmun Dutta was born in Durgapur, West Bengal, India. Her parent’s name is not known due to her love for keeping things private. It is also never revealed by her whether she has a sibling. She did her schooling at Oxford Model Senior Secondary, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India. She then moved to Mumbai to get her degree of MA in English from the University of Mumbai.
Dutta was previously in a relationship with actor and Big Boss 7 contestant Armaan Kohli back in 2008. However, they had a hard break-up due to his violent nature.
It was later found out that Armaan used to physically abuse Munmun Dutta on several accounts. This was confirmed by Dolly Bindra. In September 2021 she made the headlines for dating fellow actor Raj Anadkat, who is 9 years younger than her. Munmun Dutta was age shamed for the rumor and there were several trolls made of them. It was later cleared out in a post by both that it was disrespectful to both and that they were not dating.
|Actors||Amitabh Bachchan and Shahrukh Khan|
|Actress||Rani Mukherji, Madhuri Dixit, and Anushka Sharma|
|Television show||Kuch Rang Pyar Ke Aise Bhi (2016)|
|Films||Titanic (1997) and A Walk to Remember (2002)|
|Travel destination||Goa and Paris|
|Colors||White, blue, and black|
Munmum Dutta started her career at an early age as a child singer for Doordarshan and Akashvani. She also participated in several fashion shows during her days in Pune, Maharashtra, India. After that, she moved to Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, and entered the acting industry. She made her television debut in 2004 with Zee TV’s “Hum Sab Baraati”. She made her film debut in 2005, with the film “Mumbai Xpress”. In 2006, she appeared in the movie “Holiday”. In 2008 she started portraying the role of Babita Iyer in Sab TV’s popular Hindi sitcom “Tarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah”. The sitcom has been running for years and has garnered her extreme popularity. In 2015, she took part in the movie “Dhinchak Enterprise”.
- Hum Sab Baraati in 2004 as Meethi
- Taraak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah from 2008 to present as Babita Iyer
- Mumbai Xpress in 2005
- Holiday in 2006
- Dhinchak Enterprise in 2015
- On 9th May 2021, she posted a video on Instagram in which she used a caste slur. She was heavily criticized for the act. The actor later apologized saying that she did not mean to hurt anyone’s feelings and that had she known the meaning of the word she would have never used it.
- On September 2021 a picture and rumor of her dating her nine-year younger co-star Raj Anadkat broke the internet. The actress received age slams and intensive trolling due to it. She later posted a series of posts slamming the media and the general public for being insensitive toward women. The posts were however later removed by her.
Lesser Known Facts
- Munmun participated in several fashion shows before entering the acting industry in 2004.
- During her schooling days, she wanted to become a doctor.
- She is trained in classical music and used to perform as a child singer for Akashvani and Doordarshan.
- Munmun is an avid animal lover.