Uday Tikekar (born 3 December 1965) was born and brought up in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. He is an Indian television and film actor best known for his work in Marathi theatre. He started his career in Marathi studios and also put up performances in Hindi Theatre. He is married to Arati Ankalikar Tikekar who is a classical singer and a 2-time National Film Awardee. Uday is known to be a very passionate actor and he has a huge fan base in both Hindi and marathi cinema.
Uday Tikekar Biography
|Debut||Film-(Marathi) Rangat Sangat (1988)(Hindi) Kaafila (1990)Television –Manzilein Apani Apani (2001)|
|Height||5’8” or 1.72m or 172 cm|
|Weight||75 kg or 165 lbs|
|Body Measurements||Chest: 42 InchesWaist: 34 inchesBiceps: 13 Inches|
|Date of Birth||3rd December, 1965|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Residence||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Parle Tilak Vidyalaya, Mumbai|
|College/University||University of Mumbai|
|Father||Name Not Known|
|Mother||Name Not Known|
|Hair color||Salt and Papper|
|Net Worth||₹1 crore (approx.)|
Early life and Background
Uday Tikekar was born and bred in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. He was born in a Hindu family and hence follows Hinduism as his religion. He has an Indian nationality. He achieved his education from Parle Tilak Vidyalaya in Marathi medium and then went on to complete his graduation from University of Mumbai in Maharashtra. After graduation he found out that he was inclined towards acting and hence, pursued acting as his career. His parents were supportive throughout his journey as an actor.
Uday is open about his personal life. He is married to the classical singer and two-time National Film Award winner named Arati Ankalikar-Tikekar. They are rumoured to have had a love cum arranged marriage. They also have a daughter together names Swanandi Tikekar who is also a Marathi actress. He posts quite alot of pictures with his daughter and wife on social media. Uday seems to be really enjoying his married life. His fans love the chemistry between him and his wife.
|Actor||Amitabh Bachchan Madhuri Dixit|
Uday Tikekar has long been associated with television and movies. He is very famous among the Marathi population because of his varied roles in Marathi movies. He started off his career by working in the Marathi Theatre. Some of his famous Hindi movies are Murder and Barfi which were released in the years 2004 and 2012 respectively. Uday is known to be active in the entertainment industry since 1988 so it has been more than 32 years of him enjoying the film industry. His most famous movies are Baaghii and Lal Salaam which were released in 2002, Kaafila which was released in1990 and Saatchya Aat Ghar at which was released in 2004. He has also acted in serials such as ‘Main Teri Parchaain Hoon’ and ’Parivaar Kartavya Ki Pariksha’.
- Rangat Sangat in 1988 as Dinkar
- Prakope in 1990
- Kaafila in 1990 as Shekar
- Shivrayachi Soon Tararani in 1993
- Baaghi in 2000
- Lal Salaam in 2002
- Murder in 2004
- Saatchya Aat Gharat in 2004
- Tumsa Nahin Dekha in 2004 as Mittal
- Anolkhi Hey Ghar Maze in 2009 as Father in law
- Vroom in 2010
- Arjun in 2011 as Mahajan
- Satrangi Re in 2012
- Barfi in 2012 as Shruti’s father
- Kho-Kho in 2013 as Mehta
- Lai Bhaari in 2014
- Rocky Handsome in 2016 as Maantu
- Madaari in 2016
- Prem Kahani Ek in 2016
- Raees in 2017 as Pashabhai
- Golmaal Again in 2017
- Double Game in 2018
- Simmba in 2018 as Vinayak Dutta
- Ajinkya in 2020
- Manzilein Apani Apani in 2001 as Dinesh
- Kohi Apna Sa from 2001 to 2003
- Ayushmaan from 2004 to 2005 as Ayushmaan’s dad
- Julun Yeti Reshimgathi from 2013 to 2015 as Suresh Kudalkar
- Krishnadasi in 2016 as Pradyumma Vidyadhar Rao
- Tuzha Majh Breakup in 2017
- Kasautii Zindagi Kay from 2018 to present as Moloy Basu
Lesser known Facts
- Uday started acting by doing Marathi Theatre plays.
- He said he loves to do negative roles in TV serials more than in films.
- He does movies and TV shows in Hindi as well as Marathi.
- Uday’s wife Arati Ankalikar-Tikekar is a famous classical singer.
- He has more than 18.3 K followers on Instagram.
- He has played different roles carrying varied dimensions in most of his movies.