Suhasini Maniratnam (born on 15th August 1961) is majorly known as Suhasini. She is an Indian actress known for her works in Kannada, Malayalam, Tamil, Telegu and Hindi films. Her debut in the industry was with the Tamil film Nenjathai Killathe in 1980. She won the Tamil Nadu State Film Award for Best Actress for her debut film. The actress won the National Film Award for Best Actress for Tamil film Sindhu Bhairavi in 1986.
Suhasini Maniratnam Actress, Age, Biography, Movies
|Profession||Actor, Director and anchor|
|Height||165cm or 1.65m or 5’5”|
|Weight||60kg or 132lbs|
|Debut||Nenjathai Killathe in 1980|
|Date of birth||15th August 1961 (58 years as of 2020)|
|Birthplace||Paramakudi, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Schools||Chennai Government School|
|College/University||Queen Mary’s College and Madras Film Institute|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation in Cinematography|
|Hobby||singing a travelling|
|Mother||name not known|
|Sister||Nandini Charuhasan and Subhashini Charuhaasan|
|Car collection||Audi A6 and BMW 7 Series|
|Net worth||Rs. 120 crore|
Early life and background
The actor was born as Suhasini Charuhasan to actor Charuhasan in Paramakudi, into the Haasan family. Her two uncles are Chandrahasan and Kamal Haasan. Her three cousins are – Anu Haasan, Shruti Haasan and Akshara Haasan. The actor claims to be an atheist. The actress was a student of cinematography in the M.G.R. Government Film and Television Training Institute.
She married famous film director Mani Ratnam in 1988. The duo has a son Nandan born in 1992.
- Actor – Kamal Haasan and Naseeruddin Shah
- Actress – Rekha
- Film – Nayakan
- Filmmakers – Satyajit Ray, Victoria De Sica, K. Balachander and Late Shankar Nag
- Painter –Raja Ravi Varma and Rembrandt
- Colour – Red
Suhasini started her career as a camera assistant to Ashok Kumar.
Then she went on to become an actress after that. She started her career as a makeup artist for several leading actors. Her debut was marked with the Tamil film Nenjathai Killathe opposite of Kokila Mohan. She was one of the highest demand actresses in the 1980’s. Her first Kannada film was K.
Balachander’s Benkiyalli Aralida Hooyu in 1983. Her collaboration with Vishnuvardhan is considered one of the best in Kannada films. She also did a number of Kannada films. She did her Malayalam debut with Padmarajan’s Koodevide in 1983.
In 1996 Suhasini started directing with the film Indira. The actor wrote the screenplay and the project was produced by G.V. Films. She and husband run their production company Madras Talkies, with G. Srinivasan. The star is also an anchor on Zee Tamil TV Channel for a talk show interviewing famous movie personalities.
Works as a Camera assistant
- Puthiya Varpukal
Works as Voice Actor
- Dalapathi in 1991
- Thiruda thiruda in 1993
- Uyire in 1998
Works as a Director
- Indira in 1995
- Penn in 1991
Some recent works as an actor
- Waiting in 2015
- Marakkar in 2020
- Abhiyude Kadha Anuvintheyum in 2018
- Solo in 2017
- Salt mango tree and Love 24*7 in 2015
- Kalimannu in 2013
- Makante Achan, Nammal Thammil and Vilapangalkkappuram in 2009
- Oh Andha Naatkal in 2020
- Kee and Boomerang in 2019
- Abhi & Anu and Sollividava in 2018
- Chennaiyil Oru Naal, Nibunan and Solo in 2017
- Kanchana 2 in 2015
- Ramanujan in 2014
- Entha Manchivaadavuraa in 2020
- Suryakantham and Yatra in 2019
- Satya Gang, Touch chesi chudu and Tholi prema in 2018
- Okkadu Migiladu in 2017
- Legend in 2014
- Ayushman Bhavaa and Yaana in 2019
- Ambi Ning Vayassaytho and Prema Baraha in 2018
- Vismaya and Masti Gudi in 2017
- Naani, Preethiyalli Sahaja and Viraat in 2016
- Masterpiece and Rebel in 2015
- Sachin! Tendulkar Alla in 2014
- She was born to the famous Haasan family.
- After her school life, she took B.Sc in Physics but left it to join the Madras Film Institute.
- She was initially a camera assistant and makeup artist.
- The actor is a prominent spokesperson in many organizations and institutions.
- She has launched her music albums including Aandhara Vaibhavam, Siddayya Kadha Ganam.
- The star is an atheist.
- She is a philanthropist and is associated with several charities like Ability Foundation, Action Aid, Srinidhi Chidambaram’s Health Trust and Mukti.
- The star has been a jury member at many awards shows and functions including the 9th Indian Film Festival Stuttgart in Germany, 2012.